Windows 7 volume mixer issue on 7

alizzle87

Hello, this has started a few days ago. I was using my vlc player to view a movie and i noticed that the volume on the player wouldn't go past 200 (max volume is 400). So i opened the volume mixer and there is device (speakers) and applications (system sounds) and then the player. There is a bar that makes it impossible for me to set my volume. This was never here before? Could it be a virus, or malfunctions? If anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying occurance please let me know. I have been trying all types of solutions from various places. If it cannot be resolved, i will just get a mac. Ive been throughly irritated. Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I sometimes use VLC but couldn't think of the settings you mention:
k5pp.jpg

Could you take a screenshot and post?

Hello, this has started a few days ago. I was using my vlc player to view a movie and i noticed that the volume on the player wouldn't go past 200 (max volume is 400). So i opened the volume mixer and there is device (speakers) and applications (system sounds) and then the player. There is a bar that makes it impossible for me to set my volume. This was never here before? Could it be a virus, or malfunctions? If anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying occurance please let me know. I have been trying all types of solutions from various places. If it cannot be resolved, i will just get a mac. Ive been throughly irritated. Thanks in advance!!

Can you remember a day or date BEFORE this problem arose?
If yes, do a system restore, pick a date before you have this problem as your restore point.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

I know... :) Never seen the number 200 in there so figured it must be something to do with vlc and perhaps the settings found therein

Back
Top Bottom