Windows 7 VSS and SPP problem when ran backup to external hard drive and Volume Shadow Copy Service problem wh

chinhiunun

Dear friends,
I encountered a problem that i can not backup my system by using backup and restore function in win7. I had it done before and i have a backup image in my external hard drive. Several days ago the system tried to backup again due to the set backup schedule, but it failed all the time.
Firstly popped up a window saying that: "A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP", application event logs for more information. Details: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information. " and offering two options: 1. Try to run backup again, 2. Change backup settings. Because failed for the first one, so i clicked on the second one and another pop up:
"The backup application could not start due to an internal error: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information. (0x80042302)."
I searched the internet for solution telling that, like, start Volume Shadow Copy Service in Service, increase the space in disks for system protection, and reboot the computer, etc. I think i tried that all, but the problem is not solved at all.
Also, i tried restoring the system by using restore point, it failed again.
Is there anyone could help? Very appreciated!

Back