Windows 7 W32 blaster worm has been removed, but keyboard and mouse are not working!

miablueiii

Okay, so I ran McAfee Stinger and Malwarebytes so my system is clean now and I'm not having any issues with alerts, programs closing, etc. that come along with the blaster worm bug. So I don't need help with removing it.

BUT, I have an HP laptop running Windows 7 and the keyboard and touchpad mouse are acting screwy. A keyboard and mouse plugged into the USB ports work just fine. I found some advice on other forums that have worked a LITTLE but haven't seemed to fix the issue. I went into "device manager" and uninstalled both and restarted. No luck with the touchpad. The laptop's keyboard will work before I restart but once it reboots it stops working until I plug in the usb keyboard - after the drivers are automatically installed for the usb keyboard, I can unplug it and the laptop keyboard works (wtf?!). But again, nothing is happening with the touchpad. I've made sure it's not just the button above it being off.

So I obviously would like the laptop's keyboard and touchpad to work without ANY assistance from usb hardware. Can anyone help me? :(

Last edited:
Do they work if prior to booting into Windows, like is the bios setup or some other pre-Windows environment? What happens in Safe Mode, if you can get to it?

Until more info is obtained, you might want to go into Msconfig.exe and allow a boot log to be created on the Boot tab. Perhaps it will show some problem loading certain drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom