Windows 7 W7 Home Premium and Core 2 Duo

futurejp

Hi,

I recently saw the offer to get Home Premium for $30 if you're with a University (have a .edu email address). I looked up the wiki page for W7 editions and it has a comparison chart, and it says that Home Premium supports a maximum of 1 CPU chip. My processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. So does this mean that if I get HP, I'll lose out on some of my hardware functionality? Because I don't want that. But I'd obviously rather not spend way more money when I could get W7 for $30.

Thanks

Hi,

I recently saw the offer to get Home Premium for $30 if you're with a University (have a .edu email address). I looked up the wiki page for W7 editions and it has a comparison chart, and it says that Home Premium supports a maximum of 1 CPU chip. My processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. So does this mean that if I get HP, I'll lose out on some of my hardware functionality? Because I don't want that. But I'd obviously rather not spend way more money when I could get W7 for $30.

Thanks

1 CPU means physically 1 Chip...not whether it's multicored, as some people with a dual cpu mobo (intel Skulltrail for example supports 2x quad core cpus) would only get the use of one such cpu...

Back