Windows 7 W7 Toshiba 645D-S4040 I did an overwrite fresh W7

rickshaw

It was acting like virus, so I i did a fresh and killed (Totally overwrote) the mfr installation. I got the disc from craiglist for 15 dollars. At least it removed all names and puffery from the operating system.
It worked on two others so seems valid. Even gives key #.
Q1: I do not have all drivers. I expected to get on net. Not.
Q2 The fresh op sys seems to have gone on c drive. Is that ok?
Q3 I guess I could do a conduit usb transfer from freely available online drivers but am afraid to put that on my good computer in case the drivers attack computer 2. Risk?
Q4 Are the purchased drivers discs off ebay for 6 dollars satisfactory to put in place?
Q5 Should I have tried to install the fresh op system on a seperate partition, does that matter?
Q6 All things look good on the display except it states I do not have net connection due to drivers. True of wired and wifi. I hoped that would be automatic, Not.
Best I wait till I learn more. My installation disc is good for repeated installations.
Appreciate comments, this newbie.

1. On Windows 7 it is normal to not have all of the drivers installed.
  2. C Drive is what Windows always installs on you cannot change that
  3. You can safely download the drivers from Toshiba's site (http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2759798)
  4. You do not need to purchase the drivers they are freely available see 3
  5. No it won't matter
  6. Nope this it is typical to not get all the drivers

1. On Windows 7 it is normal to not have all of the drivers installed.
  2. C Drive is what Windows always installs on you cannot change that
  3. You can safely download the drivers from Toshiba's site (http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2759798)
  4. You do not need to purchase the drivers they are freely available see 3
  5. No it won't matter
  6. Nope this it is typical to not get all the drivers
Thanks for the info. I spose i download to computer 2 and then transfer to flashdrive. Then put it into the computer that is waiting for drivers. You recommend toshiba drivers.
Q1 Does that give me their packware?
Q2 In a way I am making a home built computer. What would non toshiba people do for drivers? Another good driver source?
Q3 The new build w/o drivers has a horiz stretch. Will this be ammendable?
Q4 The computer is like new. However if I sell it it might be good to wipe it and sell it as a blank, but with the drive and original key info and let the buyer who will be more savy complete it.
Q5 I have done well w the disc i pd 15 d for. It went into three other computers in my household, and then allowed me to have the usoft free anniversary w10. I wonder why the W7 install worked for the others, but was bothered by this attempt (the newest computer). The others had a more square display and i prefer the tall presentation (Yep, i am an old man of 70.)
Q6 I spose the w10 given me by usoft is as good as it gets since the factory converted it for me...Yes?
Q7, Is it best to use the 64bit that fits this processor even though i am only installing 4g ram. I might goto eight to get max. I could live w 32bit and 3g,
Q8 Is 64bit a reasonable help for most people, since it can fit the computer of interest?
Well, that does it for all my silly thoughts. Thanks.

It was acting like virus, so I i did a fresh and killed (Totally overwrote) the mfr installation. I got the disc from craiglist for 15 dollars. At least it removed all names and puffery from the operating system.
It worked on two others so seems valid. Even gives key #.
Q1: I do not have all drivers. I expected to get on net. Not.
Q2 The fresh op sys seems to have gone on c drive. Is that ok?
Q3 I guess I could do a conduit usb transfer from freely available online drivers but am afraid to put that on my good computer in case the drivers attack computer 2. Risk?
Q4 Are the purchased drivers discs off ebay for 6 dollars satisfactory to put in place?
Q5 Should I have tried to install the fresh op system on a seperate partition, does that matter?
Q6 All things look good on the display except it states I do not have net connection due to drivers. True of wired and wifi. I hoped that would be automatic, Not.
Best I wait till I learn more. My installation disc is good for repeated installations.
Appreciate comments, this newbie.

1. No
  2. Get the drivers from the manufacturer site for each part
  3. No idea what you are asking, I'm assuming you are missing the graphics driver
  4. You can do whatever you want with it
  5. Not sure what your asking
  6. Not sure
  7. 32 bit is going away and you can't upgrade the RAM
  8. No clue again what your asking

Back