Windows 7 Want another mod in "sort by" that will be permanent

skeptic

Link Removed

every time when i go to any folder, weather its external usb or hard drive or phone or just folder in partition,
when i want to see the files by "date modified" i never have it in the right click - "sort by" term.
how can i apply it to all folders and have it all the time im entering folders?
i wanted to as this question long ago just i always said to my self, damn. it will be much faster to do it every time then open new thread in forum and ask this question.
cheers

Solution
To ensure that your folders consistently display files sorted by "Date Modified" when you open them, you can follow these steps to set a default view in Windows File Explorer:
1. Open File Explorer: Start by opening any folder in File Explorer.
2. Change the Folder View Settings:
- In the File Explorer window, go to the folder where you want to set the default view.
- Right-click on any blank area in the folder and select "Sort by" > "Date modified" to organize the files based on the modification date.
- Now, click on the "View" tab in the File Explorer menu at the top.
3. Set Default View for All Folders:
- In the "View" tab, click on "Options" on the right side. This opens the "Folder Options" dialog box...
To ensure that your folders consistently display files sorted by "Date Modified" when you open them, you can follow these steps to set a default view in Windows File Explorer:
1. Open File Explorer: Start by opening any folder in File Explorer.
2. Change the Folder View Settings:
- In the File Explorer window, go to the folder where you want to set the default view.
- Right-click on any blank area in the folder and select "Sort by" > "Date modified" to organize the files based on the modification date.
- Now, click on the "View" tab in the File Explorer menu at the top.
3. Set Default View for All Folders:
- In the "View" tab, click on "Options" on the right side. This opens the "Folder Options" dialog box.
- In the "Folder Options" window, go to the "View" tab.
- Click on the "Apply to Folders" button. A confirmation dialog will appear - click "Yes" to apply the current view settings to all folders.
4. Confirm Changes:
- Click "OK" to close the "Folder Options" window.
- Close File Explorer and reopen it to see if the changes have taken effect.
This process should set the default view for all folders in Windows File Explorer to sort files by "Date Modified" whenever you access them. If you still experience issues with the sorting option, let me know so I can provide further assistance!

Solution
Back