Windows 7 Want to keep Broadband connection when switching users.

Lostinthe60s

Box HP-Pavilion
OS Win 7 Home Basic Ver. 6.1.7600 32Bit
BIOS American Megatrends 5.11
Sound Realtek High Definition Audio
Modem HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem
CPU Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E6500 @ 2.93GHz, 2936 Mhz

I am trying to find out how to keep my Broadband connection active when I switch users. I have 4 accts. on my computer, one for each family member. Whenever I switch accts, my Broadband connection shuts down. You can start it up again after the switch with no problem. I would prefer, however, to have it stay connected during the switch, as this would just make my life easier. For instance all users connect to the same torrent software, and I have the files for it synced. So, no matter who is logged in, the torrent info is the same. When the connection drops, the torrent software has to reload all the DHT info. I have googled this, to no avail. I assume it is a matter of where the BB Modem Drivers are installed?? Or maybe a Registry tweak. At any rate, I am at a loss as to how to do it, but I am sure it can be done. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Highwayman..I think. LOL I think I will plug away at this one for a while yet. A: Because it's just way too inconvenient. B: Because I am just way too stubborn. I appreciate the input though. I am thinking that if I can do it, it will be an installation thing. That is to say, instead of dealing with the modem software, I need to install it somewhere that is not affected by a user switch. I would contact my provider, but those people couldn't pour water out of a boot, if the instructions were written on the heel.

Back