Windows 11 Want to Recover shift+deleted files.

Shankar1234Ram

Hello all,

I accidentally deleted about 700-1000 image files from my Screenshots folder. I tried using this command with the windows file recovery app -

winfr C: D: /regular /n Screenshots\

But its not working. It is returning many many files, but the ones that were deleted yesterday are not showing up. Could anyone please help me with this? The files had been collected over a period of time and are really invaluable. All I want is to recover files deleted from this location -

C:\Users\myname\Pictures\Screenshots

I tried scanning with a software called easeus and it is showing the files, but i need to pay to recover. That means, the files are still on the disk, right?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot in advance!

When a file is "deleted" really only the pointer to where it is stored on the disk is removed. Most recovery programs have to look through the entire disk since the there is nothing telling the OS where to look for those files (also why you can not select a specific directory)

PhotoRec is typically pretty reliable. PhotoRec

Things to be aware of
  • Recovery sooner to the time of deletion is critical as the same the data resides on is available for the OS to write to
  • Do not recover to the same disk, to the first point it may end up overriding some of the data your trying to recover

Hi, If the files are still on the disk, you can use professional data recovery software like Stellar, Undelete, and so on to recover the deleted images. Additionally, ensure that you avoid writing any new data to the disk to prevent overwriting the deleted files.

Back
Top Bottom