Windows 7 Warcraft III TFT + Diablo II LOD

Dragonheart

[Solved] Warcraft III TFT + Diablo II LOD

Ok.. I've read these games work.. Well they're not workin for me! I've tried computability etc. but nothin.

What happens is that after I try to install it, it starts, the progress bar starts moving, and stops.. It just doesn't finish copying the mpq file. It sits there for ages, and I end up havin to cancel (Which takes forever as well), or Just end process it.. Build 7100 64bit. Cheers if theres any help!

Last edited:
Hey - I run LOD on win 7 7100 all the time, but my buddy said his failed the install too. Heres what I did that made it work for him:

Go to battle.net and make an account there. Put in your cd key to get access to blizzard's installer. when you download their latest full game installer, it should work just fine.

a side note on LOD - if you want to use mouse buttons other than left or right click, you will probably need to set compatibility mode on the LOD executable to winXP. You will also probably have to manually assign the extra mouse buttons the first time.

cheers
-Stretch

Ok.. I've read these games work.. Well they're not workin for me! I've tried computability etc. but nothin.

What happens is that after I try to install it, it starts, the progress bar starts moving, and stops.. It just doesn't finish copying the mpq file. It sits there for ages, and I end up havin to cancel (Which takes forever as well), or Just end process it.. Build 7100 64bit. Cheers if theres any help!

When installing Diablo II, is it your LOD CD or the originals that are having the issue? I would suggest that instead of trying to install the game, copy all the files on the discs to a folder and name it Diablo II. Once you've done that, you should be able to start the game correctly if you get the *no longer non-legit D2Loader*.

If you can't copy all the files to your harddrive, then you know there is either a problem with your CD-rom drive, or the CD's themselves.

Once you get it on your harddrive, I can walk you through the rest.

When installing Diablo II, is it your LOD CD or the originals that are having the issue? I would suggest that instead of trying to install the game, copy all the files on the discs to a folder and name it Diablo II. Once you've done that, you should be able to start the game correctly if you get the *no longer non-legit D2Loader*.

If you can't copy all the files to your harddrive, then you know there is either a problem with your CD-rom drive, or the CD's themselves.

Once you get it on your harddrive, I can walk you through the rest.

Hey thanks for the reply but they work perfectly fine now. I forgot to update the thread. It was my DVD drive failing. Windows 7 didn't suit well with my drive for some reason. It still worked fine in XP though. Replaced it with a nice new Asus drive and now it works perfectly. Thanks anyway!

Oh, well that's good. You might think about editing the thread title so that [Solved] is in front of it. This way, others will know that you solved the problem and be able to look at this thread for a fix...

Oh, well that's good. You might think about editing the thread title so that [Solved] is in front of it. This way, others will know that you solved the problem and be able to look at this thread for a fix...

Yeah sorry. I don't really go on this forum much to be honest.. It took me a while to realise i needed to go into advanced edit to change the title XD. Cheers for the help.

Back
Top Bottom