Windows 7 way to figure out if a driver is digitally signed

Alam

I am looking for a way to figure out if a driver is digitally signed. I use the api SetupVerifyInfFile for this, but this always fails with the error "Parameter is incorrect". Following are the parameters that I pass to this function,

InfName - The Path of the Inf file with the file name. (say, "C:\Windows\..\xxx.inf") and NULL for AltPlatformInfo.

Am not sure why this fails with 'Parameter Incorrect' though the inf file is present in the path that is passed to the api. Am I missing out on something here?

Does anyone have ideas on this?

If a driver is not digitally signed windows is going to tell you and give you the chance to cancel the installation.

3rd party tools are often ineffectual due to revisions in the INF file structure... New keywords, etc.

I use the functions UploadPrinterDriverPackage and InstallPrinterDriverFromPackage in my code to upload the the driver to the driver store and install it. But these functions do not seem to work for unsigned drivers and I am not given a chance to cancel the installation.

To detect unsigned drivers, Start --> In the search box type: sigverif --> Press "Enter"

I am looking for a way to figure out if a driver is digitally signed. I use the api SetupVerifyInfFile for this, but this always fails with the error "Parameter is incorrect". Following are the parameters that I pass to this function,

InfName - The Path of the Inf file with the file name. (say, "C:\Windows\..\xxx.inf") and NULL for AltPlatformInfo.

Am not sure why this fails with 'Parameter Incorrect' though the inf file is present in the path that is passed to the api. Am I missing out on something here?

I haven't used SetupVerifyInfFile api, and I don't know in exactly what cases SP_ALTPLATFORM_INFO_V2 can be null. You can specify it as shown there:

Code:
typedef struct _SP_ALTPLATFORM_INFO_V2 {
  DWORD cbSize;
  DWORD Platform;
  DWORD MajorVersion;
  DWORD MinorVersion;
  WORD  ProcessorArchitecture;
  WORD  Flags;
  DWORD FirstValidatedMajorVersion;
  DWORD FirstValidatedMinorVersion;
} SP_ALTPLATFORM_INFO_V2, *PSP_ALTPLATFORM_INFO_V2;

Back