Weird Error happening from time to time

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Crusthead50, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Crusthead50

Crusthead50 New Member

This started just today, sometimes a message pops up saying that an application cannot be started, this is the error log. (Note: I had to make remove the links from the log to post this.)

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    clr.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    dfdll.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2

SOURCES
    Deployment url : (This was a link to something called Bidswitch, which my computer has never downloaded at all.)

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of (Bidswitch.) resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Access to the path 'C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment' is denied.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [9/29/2016 7:53:59 PM] : Activation of (Bidswitch) has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [9/29/2016 7:53:59 PM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    - Access to the path 'C:\Users\pinamp\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment' is denied.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

If anyone knows what could be causing this error, do let me know.

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi,
    if your not sure what it is or didn't install it yourself I'd remove it. I did a search on the app and came back with this
    http://www.bidswitch.com/

Looks like some kind of connection manager? As I said if you don't want it just remove it.

3. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Looks like some kind of deployment software for Supply chain partners via e-commerce. I agree with kemical, if you didn't specifically download and install it yourself, you should get it off of your computer. You should also scan with your antivirus and a good anstipsyware such as the free MALWAREBYTES available from Malwarebytes.org. If you can't remove it via Windows programs and features, it's a good bet that good put in there via a spyware virus if you didn't intentionally install it yourself.

Cheers!
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>