Windows 7 Weird Error happening from time to time

Crusthead50

This started just today, sometimes a message pops up saying that an application cannot be started, this is the error log. (Note: I had to make remove the links from the log to post this.)

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2

SOURCES
Deployment url : (This was a link to something called Bidswitch, which my computer has never downloaded at all.)

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of (Bidswitch.) resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Access to the path 'C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment' is denied.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [9/29/2016 7:53:59 PM] : Activation of (Bidswitch) has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [9/29/2016 7:53:59 PM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
- Access to the path 'C:\Users\pinamp\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment' is denied.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

If anyone knows what could be causing this error, do let me know.

This was a link to something called Bidswitch, which my computer has never downloaded at all.
Hi,
if your not sure what it is or didn't install it yourself I'd remove it. I did a search on the app and came back with this
http://www.bidswitch.com/

Looks like some kind of connection manager? As I said if you don't want it just remove it.

Looks like some kind of deployment software for Supply chain partners via e-commerce. I agree with kemical, if you didn't specifically download and install it yourself, you should get it off of your computer. You should also scan with your antivirus and a good anstipsyware such as the free MALWAREBYTES available from Malwarebytes.org. If you can't remove it via Windows programs and features, it's a good bet that good put in there via a spyware virus if you didn't intentionally install it yourself.

Cheers!
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back