Windows 7 Weird long login time!!

GoonerMarv

Hey there, I have looked everywhere online to find a solution for this problem but nothing seems to be working.

After logging in successfully most programs startup but I cant seem to run any applications for about half an hour. The system seems to respond slow until half an hour later. One thing I have noticed is that in the bottom right the little signal bar (for wireless connection) stays frozen with the blue loading circle not moving at all. I am still able to access the internet but I cannot run other programs such as iTunes, Windows Media Player etc. and after a long time the wireless signal bar returns to normal with the white bars and I am able to run programs again with fast response time. I also noticed that the AVG firewall would stay disabled until around half an hour later once it has loaded then automatically enables. Trying to enable this manually beforehand just seems to freeze the user interface. I am also unable to install and uninstall programs during this weird loadup time aswell. I have tried everything from removing programs automatically starting up, uninstalling AVG and still the problem exists.

This is becoming quite an annoyance and any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marv

Hey there, I have looked everywhere online to find a solution for this problem but nothing seems to be working.

After logging in successfully most programs startup but I cant seem to run any applications for about half an hour. The system seems to respond slow until half an hour later. One thing I have noticed is that in the bottom right the little signal bar (for wireless connection) stays frozen with the blue loading circle not moving at all. I am still able to access the internet but I cannot run other programs such as iTunes, Windows Media Player etc. and after a long time the wireless signal bar returns to normal with the white bars and I am able to run programs again with fast response time. I also noticed that the AVG firewall would stay disabled until around half an hour later once it has loaded then automatically enables. Trying to enable this manually beforehand just seems to freeze the user interface. I am also unable to install and uninstall programs during this weird loadup time aswell. I have tried everything from removing programs automatically starting up, uninstalling AVG and still the problem exists.

This is becoming quite an annoyance and any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marv

take a look in performance information and tools\advanced tools ?

also you could try a clean boot to debug which program or service is hanging your startup ?

Any luck?

How did you solve it?
I am having the same issue - it drives me crazy.

Thanks!
Michael

After logging in successfully most programs startup but I cant seem to run any applications for about half an hour. The system seems to respond slow until half an hour later.

There must be a device or a software lagging you on startup. Too many startup processes can also cause this kind of behavior. As suggested, do a test clean boot, unchecking startup items 1 by 1 to figure out which one(s) cause(s) this problem. In device manager, check if all your devices are functioning properly.

Defragment your system partition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Ways to improve your computer's performance

There must be a device or a software lagging you on startup. Too many startup processes can also cause this kind of behavior. As suggested, do a test clean boot, unchecking startup items 1 by 1 to figure out which one(s) cause(s) this problem. In device manager, check if all your devices are functioning properly.

I disable them all - no help. All the devices are functioning properly.
The system worked just fine till yesterday when suddenly it happened.

Defragment your system partition.
Done - still the same issue :(

Still haven't solved it :( ... I've just had to deal with it, I've tried pretty much everything except formatting the PC. I usually just turn on my computer and go away and do other business leaving it on for half hour. Once I get back it's all started up. Pretty annoying bug... if you manage to solve it please let me know :)

I beleive I solved it - (if you have Lenovo laptop) go to System Configuration, in General Tab select "Selective Start Up", in Services Tab uncheck "Lenovo Microphone Mute" Service, click OK and restart.
GoonerMarv - Let me know if it worked
cybercore - Thank you very much!

I'm afraid I don't have a Lenovo laptop and the Lenovo mic tick box isn't listed. I have disabled everything on the services tab and restarted but still the same problem, so it can't be one of the programs listed. I guess i'm just going to have to wait until I next format my PC to get rid of this annoying bug :(.

Back