weird transparent bar on screen that wont go away....

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by ChadBelisle, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ChadBelisle

ChadBelisle New Member

Hey, so there has been this weird shadow bar on the bottom right hand side of my screen. It will always be on top of windows and cannot be clicked on. It also displaces desktop icons. I have no idea what it is or how to get rid of it! I have taken a screen shot of it on a white background so you can see what I'm talking about. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

My sister has a Dell laptop and it looks a little like that. I think they call it Dell Dock. It might be related to something you installed.
    Joe

3. ChadBelisle

ChadBelisle New Member

thanks Joe for answering but that isnt the bar i was talking about. That is the RocketDock on the top of the screen. The bar that i was referring to is on the bottom right hand side of the picture. its transparent with a shadow on the bottom. Untitled.

Attached Files:

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

If you are talking about the white triangle bordered area in the bottom right of you screen image that you provided then maybe take a look in msconfig "startup" tab and see if you can identify it or else
    save a copy of msinfo32 to your desktop, zip it up and include it in your next post and we can have a look and see if we can identify it for you.
    Best of luck
    Randy

5. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Any chance you have a restore point from before it showed up?

It looks like part of a notification window of some sort that got stuck but I can't imagine where it be stored so that it continues to show up.

Is is there if you login in Safe Mode?

If not I would run CCleaner, to get rid of junk and run the registry cleaner in it as well.

Next, use it to go through the things that load at startup and see if something is starting a notification process of some sort that can be turned off.

CCleaner Download | C Cleaner Review, Testimonials | Free CCleaner

I have to say that I have never seen this problem before.
    I don't have the faintest idea where it's coming from but something has to load it when you boot up.

Mike

6. ChadBelisle

ChadBelisle New Member

I wasn't exactly sure what you meant be save a copy so i just took a couple screen shots of the startup tab and cropped it, hope that helps.

7. ChadBelisle

ChadBelisle New Member

8. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Not completely sure based on the images you included but I would consider unchecking Launch Manger (Dritek) and reboot and see if that helps.
    You can always recheck it if not.
    msinfo32, file, save,
    save to desktop,
    zip
    attach to next post.
    But first try the launch manager thing and see if that's it.

9. ChadBelisle

ChadBelisle New Member

I ran the CCcleaner and restarted and it seems to be gone! It disappeared for the last couple months though and just came back a week ago, so we will see if this is a permanent solution. Thanks guys for the help, I appreciate it!