Windows 7 Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Come on in and introduce yourself! :)

Just to get the ball rolling:
Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Launched in 2008, the Windows 7 Forums is your #1 internet destination for everything Windows 7 related.

We have 3 site admins, and 12 moderators. We also have a large number of regular members who offer their support.

We hope you enjoy your stay, and encourage you to stay active on the forum - make new friends, write a blog, instant message. It's all possible. ;)

Re: Windows 7

There's not much that people know about Windows 7. But I hope the PDC Build will be as good as the Longhorn PDC Build!

Hmm... quick start-ups are fine and all but I find if your running your rig correctly then your boot times are going to be quicker anyway (that and a RAID set up too lol).
As you say, lets hope they're listening but from what the blog said about learning from the windows experience program it sounds like they are doing just that. (something I actively take part in too as this can only lead to better os's although the cynics will see it it as being used for better targeting using advertising)

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums, thanks for registering & enjoy your stay. Windows 7 was launched on October 22nd 2009 and will likely go down in history as a milestone for Microsoft. Building on the Windows Vista kernel, Windows 7 is more resource efficient and serves up additional improvements to the overall operating system experience. If you haven't upgraded yet, what are you waiting for?

Windows 7 is backwards compatible with Windows Vista's driver model, meaning legacy devices that aren't officially supported may still work.

"7" incorporates the "Superbar" a next generation taskbar in which quicklaunch and open program windows are merged.

For more information see: Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am ready for an early start to Windows 7. Lets hope it comes with lots of new goodies. And lets hope that tradition of Winvistaforums continues and this is just as good if not better.

I am ready for an early start to Windows 7. Lets hope it comes with lots of new goodies. And lets hope that tradition of Winvistaforums continues and this is just as good if not better.

One selling point for me will be if it has performance that is significantly better than XP and Vista. Thanks for your support.

Windows 7 Forums

I leave the country for a short spell and vista is almost gone and windows 7 is in the spotlight.
Best of luck Mike, we will be giving our best support

Performance

I seriously doubt it would perform better than XP...... In terms of boot time, application performance and Games.

Looking forward to DX11 :) :)

Fixes forever with Windows

The only beef I have with Windows is that each new version gets bigger and yet some of the nuances like corrupted registries are the norm for many people who are not at fault. It would be nice if the engineers could find a better remedy for this problem besides restore or reinstalling episodes. Speed is not everything.:)

Enough with the whining already!

I seriously doubt it would perform better than XP...... In terms of boot time, application performance and Games.

Looking forward to DX11 :) :)

I'm so sick of people comparing Vista and Windows 7 to XP. Give it a rest. XP was just as bad if not worse then Vista when it first came out and then again when SP2 was released.. or did you all forget about all of that!! I mean seriously, give it up. Any OS that is "mainstream" for about 6 years is obviously going to be near "flawless" and is going to be hard to move on from but people do it and have done it so quit with the whining!

Alot of the "performance" issues deal with the amount of ram you have in your system.. in case all you complainers haven't noticed lately, ram is dirt cheap, really, dirt cheap, so go out and buy some more ram, stick it in your rigs and move on with your lives, stop whining.

I find it halirious too that alot of these complainers that are whining about Vista being slower then XP for example, but if you ask them if they upgraded their rig in any way prior to putting Vista on it.. they say.. well no... then I say hahahaha and you honestly expect a brand new OS to perform just as well if not better then the previous one on the exact same hardware... hmmm. yeah that seems logical. hahaha

If your that against Vista and Windows 7 then why don't you all do us a favor and stick with XP or move to a Mac and quit making the unnecessary comparisons between an OS that's been out for 7 years and one that's been out only 2 years and one that isn't even out yet for mainstream users... geez

:)

**Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I just had to vent about this stupidity**

**These comments are solely my opinion and are not directed at any one person**

Microsoft has released details of the Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP), an option to be introduced in the DirectX implementation on Windows 7 that allows full DirectX 10 rendering using software-only rasterization. In other words it lets all rendering be done by the CPU, which although much, much slower than a dedicated graphics card, means any system will be able to run basic DX10 effects under Windows 7

In fact it'll run Crysis but only at about 3fps lol

Back
Top Bottom