NEWS What happened to Flight 370, I can tell you!!!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I'm posting this so that if I turns out to be right I have proof I knew it when it happened. LOL
There has been a lot of speculation and most of it is crazy.

I've been a pilot since 1972.

I sold my airplane and haven't done much flying since the early nineties but I still have friends who fly and stay connected to what's going on in aviation and of course I have a flight simulator.

Here's what I would bet money on is the correct answer.

Just after leaving Air Traffic Control and totally by a stroke of bad fortune he aircraft had a sudden depressurization before they contacted the next controller.

It could have been hit by a meteorite, a piece of space junk, a door or window blew out, or just had a structural failure in the skin.

I suppose it could have been a bomb in the cargo hold, but I'm betting on it being just some kind of fluke accident.

The air at 35,000 feet is very thin and cold, the next thing to being in space.

The pilot had time to do one thing before he died, and it wasn't to talk on the radio.

He hit the emergency flight plan on the Autopilot!

It's not required but it's not uncommon for a pilot to pre-program alternate flight paths in case of an emergency.

Especially one like the pilot of this airplane because he was a real aviation geek who flew his own simulator when he wasn't working.

The emergency flight plan would have turned the airplane back toward land.

That's exactly what the airplane did.

The problem is that someone needed to intervene once they had time to respond and take it off or autopilot.

By that time everyone on the airplane was already dead.
That's why no one made any cellphone calls, and there was no further communication from the pilots.

The catastrophic even also cause the electrics to start going down, so everything started failing.
The airplane just kept flying until it ran out of gas.

The autopilot or some configuration of the plane after the event may have let it drift off course and it flew until it ran out of fuel hours later.

It's not like it never happened before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

This airplane was headed for Texas and ended up in South Dakota.

Mike

Last edited:
Valid theory but still does not explain how the transponder onboard was disabled. A bomb in the cargo hold would not have caused that.

Mike, given that everyone on the plane died and left the plane flying on its own and drifted off course until it disappeared. Since nobody can find any trace of the plane (at least up to this point in time) anywhere on land or water, is it possible that the plane flew on it's own upwards and now floating in space? Can a commercial plane fly that high in space (up to zero gravity) ? But to reach space, a commercial plane would probably need more speed and fuel than it can carry. Just a crazy thought. :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys

The only reason I can give for the transponder it that whatever caused the problem also caused the failure, as for the time line I don't have all that much faith in what they are telling us it's changed so many times.

Pretty much all the electronics are in the cockpit and the area under the floor beneath it, it's possible that the electronics failed before they had time to react in the cockpit, or were in the process of trying to figure out why the electronics were failing when the event progressed to depressurization.

A fire or explosion under the cockpit floor, maybe?

Talking on the radio isn't the first thing you do when something happens.

The closest I ever had was having a throttle cable break, the engine became stuck at a speed too low to maintain altitude.
My first thought wasn't call someone on the radio.

I could turn it off and back on, but I couldn't change the speed.
I considered whether I could make it to the airport in Greenville MI about 25 miles away.

I decided that I couldn't be sure that I could make it that far.

Fortunately I was in an area near my home, that I was completely familiar with.

I flew to a farm nearby and landed on the farmers runway, I'd flown over it many times though I'd never landed there.

It's the only time I made a landing on a short grass field knowing that I really only had one shot at it.

I turned the ignition on and off to lose altitude without gaining airspeed (you can't really just force the airplane down using the elevator) and landed with no problems I fixed the broken connector with some wire and took off again, and went to Greenville where I got a permanent fix. This is the only real emergency I had in my years of flying.

During the whole thing I never thought of calling anyone on the radio. LOL

While I am writing this they just announced on the TV that they are now saying that the electronics may not have been off line before the copilot last talked to air traffic control.

So there is a lot that's still up in the air. (I really didn't mean that as a pun when I wrote it).

As for the airplane flying off into space, it would have to accelerate to something like 17,000 mph, to get into orbit.

If they don't find the airplane you are going to start hearing the abducted by aliens theories.
But I'm betting this was not a highjacking.

I think it was some kind of freak accident.

Here is an example of not keeping up with technology.

It's completely possible to have an airliner send continuous data via satellite so that we would know exactly where, and what, was going on up to the moment that the whole thing went down, even with the electronics on the plane off line.

As long as the transmitter is battery powered and independent of the rest of the electronics.

We all have GPS locators anymore.

Mike

Last edited:
Back