Windows 10 whea uncorrectable error

The external writer I used was a pioneer Blu-ray burner BDR-XD05B , I'v just tried to burn a dual layer Dvd with it and again after about a minute I get a BSOD with whea uncorrectable error .

I know this is probably silly, but have you tried different sata cables and different sata ports?

The external writer I used was a pioneer Blu-ray burner BDR-XD05B , I'v just tried to burn a dual layer Dvd with it and again after about a minute I get a BSOD with whea uncorrectable error .
Use the following link as well as screenshot regarding firmware:
fw.jpg

BDR-XD05B - 6x Slim Portable USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD Burner. Supports BDXL™ format. Ultra lightweight. USB Bus Powered. CyberLink® software included.

Last edited:
Also where are you actually plugging in the device, front or back panel, as it can make a difference.

I also read something about when using USB 2.0 both cables must be used whereas 3.0 you only need to use the one:

• 1. - Are both USB connectors needed for operation?
    Answer: When using a USB 3.0 port, only the main connector is needed. The small secondary cable is not needed. When using a USB 2.0 port, both connectors might be needed as some computers output less power than others through the USB ports. On some PCs, one USB cable is enough, but to be safe and to avoid write errors, connecting both USB cables is highly recommended. If using only one USB connector, the main USB connector must be used, not the secondary connector (short cable) that is attached to the main connector.

BDR-XD05B - 6x Slim Portable USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD Burner. Supports BDXL™ format. Ultra lightweight. USB Bus Powered. CyberLink® software included.

Back