Windows 7 When its time to upgrade.

twdawson

Hi all

Ok, i have a new samsung notebook which was just bought this week.

When i go to upgrade it to windows 7 i know i will lose some of the functions that are pre installed with vista, like for example some of the function keys do certain things, like put a heads up display on the screen when i turn volume up/down, screen brightness and a few others.

The samsung website has a lot of software to download for this notebook, but i would like to just download the bits i need. I cant find out what program gives me that function as i cant see anything out of the ordinary running at startup.

Anyone here got a samsung notebook, or anyone have any idea's

Thanks in advance.
Thomas

You didn't mention what model your netbook was, unless by chance Samsung only manufacture one of them?

Are these features like the OSD etc not built into the netbook itself rather than Vista? I don't have one myself so I can't compare.

[EDIT] - From reading around it seems that you are talking about the 'Easy Display Manager', though it seems to not be functioning 100% in Win7 yet.

See Link Removed - Invalid URL, Link Removed - Invalid URL and here. for some possible guidance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes i have that program called easy display manager along with easy network manager and the model of the notebook is Samsung R519.

If it is easy display manager that is giving me those features and its not working 100% in windows 7 then i will just wait until samsung comes out with upgraded versions before i go to 7 full time.

And thanks for those links

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom