When people just vanish

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
I'm in a rather blue mood right now, this may be depressive, or sound sour.

Why write this? Teaching? We do need to interfere. To involve when something gets messed up. Unless we do it, people just simply go up in smoke, us wondering, What happened?

Lost my neighbor at her 79 of age, she was a fine person, worked all her life, lived saving her money, as elders have been used to, in order to have security. No phone or other instant credits with the slogan "Get your million right now, pay back when you want to". You first earned the money, then you bought with what you had. I think that was sound.

What happened was, witnessed it with other elderly too, they get old and sick and need help: comes along the SWAT Team of social and health helpers, and their main accomplishment is, they manage to drain the bank account, just in time before the person gets laid six feet under. Thus, this earnest one dies without a dime. Never got a chance to enjoy the "fruit of lifetime hardship".

What a good example to give to younger, Work hard and you'll be safe. Eh? Very motivating. Like happened in the Army, There is a slack of morale in here. It means all leaves are suspended until the morale is restored. Now that was motivating, wasn't it? Like a sketch noted, the best way to grow your child an artist, is to beat and punish him. Que?

Bertolt Brecht wrote that the best way to subdue a person is to make the work been done by that person, worthless. We are as least as our providing is. That's our whole weight in pounds of gold.

I'm burying the sixth person within some twelve months. As a memorial to my friend, the 19th suicide in my life, who took it last late year, I give a song by Hector. I once managed to spare a life through the words of this song. Things we shouldn't do, but things we should do. Feel like this is something I must do.

=========================================

I like the tone in his voice when he sings "Olet päättänyt näin" = have decided this. Don't know how it may be in ears of others, but to a Finn it shows some spite, like "Why the hell did you give up", or "Weren't we enough for you?" It's also an expression of sorrow and despair, like the wolf shows with its tail.

ÄLÄ TEE SITÄ – Don't do it – by Hector.

Hei, silloin kun sä seisot sillä sillankaiteella, Hey, standing on the bridge railing,
Tai kun makaat niska sopivasti junanraiteella Or laying with your neck comfortably on train tack
Ja olet päättänyt näin... And have decided this...

Tai juuri kun oot unilääkepullon avannut, Or when you just opened your sleeping pills bottle,
Taikka pyssy ohimolla lähtörunos tavannut, Or the gun on your head hits your pass away poem,
Kun olet päättänyt näin... When you've decided this...

Älä tee sitä! Don't do it!
Hei, älä tee sitä! Hey, don't do it!

Hei, ennen kuin sun valtimosi auki ratkeaa, Hey, just before your artery splashes,
Tai ennen kuin sun niska silmukassa katkeaa, Or before your neck in rope snatches,

Jos sä teet sen hirmuvirheen, If you do that utmost mistake,
Valvon vuokses yhden yön. I'll stay awake one night for you.
Sitten olet vain ei-kukaan, Then you're plain nobody,
Minua et ota mukaan. You won't take me along.
Annan anteeksi, I forgive you,
Mut itseäni aion puolustaa: But I'll protect myself:
Sinut unohtaa... Forget you...

Siis älä tee sitä! So don't do it!

Hei, juuri kun sä ikkunaasi auki vetäiset, Hey, just when opening your window,
Tai punaisessa kylvyssä näet näyt etäiset Or seeing far sight in a red bath

Paljon vielä löytää vois, A lot to be found,
Miksi kiirehtiä pois? Why hurry away?
Silti estä ei sua kukaan, Yet no one stops you,
Mutta ketään et saa mukaan! But you'll take no one with you!
Annan anteeksi, I forgive you,
Mut itseäni aion puolustaa: But I'll defend myself:
Sinut unohtaa... Forget you...

Siis älä tee sitä! So don't do it!

Last edited:
Back