Windows 7 when will the problem stop ????????

3doz

Now the hard drive makes a lot of noice on the first start like it looking for something and cant find it
I have tried all the normal things the onle one the shows in management error is this
eaphost problem
what is it and how can it be fixed.

Could you please rewrite your post and give more detail about the situation and what the exact problem is?

Could you please rewrite your post and give more detail about the situation and what the exact problem is?

every time the computer is started for the fist time , the hard drive makes a lot of noise as it trying to find what its looking for. the main screen come up with the icon of programs. but it takes far to long before the programs operate fast. slow running for about five minutes
I have tred to locate but no joy. the drivers are all upto date. there is no fauts in the drive manager
I have scaned the hard drive no faults .
one strage thing every time I do a reg scan it always come up with about 14 or so faults. even with no changes in programs.
no viruses. no mal ware
I have a thought it coulb be a 32 program as I am running 64 .

You need to post a lot more information. Make, model of laptop, how big a drive, how old? Did you make any significant recent changes in OS? IMO it sounds like a hardware problem, although if the drive head has to do a lot of movement, it can chatter a lot. Might be a bad sector or something on the drive. Do you have a program like CheckIt Diagnostics? There are some free ones out there but CheckIT I've used since I used 386 computers. You can also run chkdsk from a cmd window or at bootup. If you are unsure about using it, there are lots of tutorials you can check out for using it in Win7.

It is perfectly normal for the registry to come up with new "errors" after a clean and reboot. The registry is constantly changing and leaving grabage entries frequently. They don't hurt anything and don't really cause any problem. Also, 32 bit programs run fine under 64 bit so that should not be an issue.

Last edited:
It is probably something that might only come up during a restart. Using Msconfig.exe is the easiest way to track down what it might be. By using different tabs on the utility, you can selectively deselect certain start-up programs and see if you can find what is causing the problem.

There are more advanced utilities if msconfig doesn't seem to be enough. Autoruns from SysInternals is always a good choice and is part of Microsoft.

But probably some type of scan or index is being run when your system starts up. It could also be something connecting to the internet for updates or possibly other reasons.

Back