Windows 10 Where are my Hotmail e-mails?

Ron Binmore

All my Hotmail e-mails have disappeared. I have tried logging in using my Hotmail email address and password but cannot get anything at all except Microsoft this and that. I starting to get a bit peeved with Windows 10, it's messed up all my accounts and finally done away with all my emails past and present. Ugh!!!

No doubt there will be an answer but why they don't leave well alone and leave us in peace I will never know!

Cheers,

RonB

I am absolutely lost!!! I had a Hotmail email address and an account. the whole lot has disappeared, all my old emails even my Hotmail address and,,, all my archived files and drafts. Where the devil they have gone, I know not.

I have looked at the previous questions and sorry to say I don't understand a word of it, something about connections? Can anyone give me a hand with this lot please, simple and plane English would be much appreciated.

I have had to create what they call an alias to recover my Hotmail address [email protected] I am in a right old mess!!!

Cheers,

RonBin79

What email program are you using. There is no real connection between Windows 10 and Hotmail, except through such a program. Are you using the built in Mail App?

Thank you for your reply. No, I haven't even seen any Mail App sorry to say. I have only had W10 for about ten days and have nothing but problems trying to sort out passwords etc. I have just looked at All Apps and found emails in there. I have created a real muddle as I have added my other email providers email address to the M'soft system. I suppose the best thing I can do is cancel the M'soft email account to separate the two?

Kind regareds,

RonB

The default mail app is just called "Mail"
Screenshot (215).png

This will auto assume your Microsoft id as the first email account... DON'T try to delete that one.
If you added other email accounts that you don't want now then (from within mail app) goto settings and accounts and delete the one you no longer want.
Screenshot (219).png

Note that all the folders on any account will be blank at first but you can select them and sync with what you have stored on the servers... assuming you have anything stored that is.
Screenshot (217).png

p.s. for what ever its worth I'm with davehc... the best option is a 3rd party tool imo.

Hi Ron,
I merged your threads to save confusion. If you misunderstand what these guy's are telling you just say so and they'll help. Both are excellent at helping others so your in very good hands. Good luck!

Hello! Thanks for your help Gentlement. the ron.pncl.co.uk address you see has nothing to do with Microsoft/Windows, it is my email address for another Provider (Pinnacle) in the UK. How the devil it go into MS I will never know.
I will try to explain:- When I upgraded to Windows 10 I was faced with a myriad of things which had to be done, sign up for this account, sign up for that account, add as secondary email address and so on. I did not have a clue as to what I should be doing so just blindly lumbered on.
I used to log into Outlook and sign on with an address That disappeared and so kdid my Outlook emails, all of them. For the last couple of days I have been trying to put things right and I suspect have got myself into a bigger hole. I don't want Microsoft email, I just want to get back to Outlook but how the devil I am going to get there beats me! I have tried to delete the PNCL email address but have yet to succeed. I am going to have a closer look at the last pot you guys sent me and see where I go. I am afraid that if I delet thing I will close the account, which ever it is and never see my emails again.

Thank you one and all for all your help, I just wish I was fifty years younger and a lot more clever.

Take care,

Ron

Last edited:
Sorry. I thought the problem was with hotmail? I don't use, and know little, about Outlook.

Not a problem. I tried using the screen shots I was sent but all I gko is what you see. I think I will get myself a large brandy and sit quietly in a dark room!!

Cheers,

Ron all I got was

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    103.5 KB · Views: 388
kemical, when I try to log in to Outlook it comes up as .uk but there are no emails showing but under Outlook in my IPhone there 8 in the inbox. I used to log in under r via the MSN browser.

The is for a different provider altogether, nothing to do with MSN or Windows. Can it be that it is using Outlook because I have Office 2010 installed?
Ron

Last edited:
I have an Outlook account and can access it alright but what I cannot do is get all my emails that are still in Microsoft Mail. I tried to do this but was told they could not be imported. There are no emails in the Outlook account but there 8 on my Iphone in Outlook which is synched to my computer so the question is, how do I get my emails from MS emails to Outlook ?

Oh I do wish I had stayed with windows 7, it was so much easier. As they say, if it ain't broke then don't fix it!!!

Cheers for now,

Ron

Disregarding Outlook, for the moment, if you sign in directly to your hotmail account , does it not take your there?

I go into the MSN browser and at the top left, it says Outlook. This is where I used to log on for my Hotmail when I used my address. I lick on that and a page appears as shown in the screen shot but there are no emails in it.

If I go to All Apps, Mail, my emails appear under Mail. The other screen shot shows the result when I go to All Apps>Mail

Hope this will help. Sorry to be a confounded nuisance but I just don't understand what is going on so am not much of a help.

Kind regards,

RonB

Last edited:
The reason why you might be getting Outlook and Hotmail confused is because Hotmail basically turned into Outlook. Hotmail technically does not exist anymore but you should still be able to access that old account via online or the mail app. Just use the passwords and username you used for the hotmail account.

And a tip. I would suggest you black out your email addresses from your attachment. Otherwise you might find yourself with a deal of spam.-

Best way is to edit your post and remove the picture entirely.

As Kenical says, just open the browser and type in "Outlook.com". This will take you to your hotmail/outlook site. You will then see the items where you put in the hotmail address and your password.

Thank you very much. I have deleted all my email address from the posts. Will; others still be able to send me emails using my Hotmail address? Pinnacle has nothing to do with windows or MSN and I would like to get rid of it from this side of things. I still have the Hotmail add but not an Outlook add, does this matter?

Will leave you in peace once I have got it all sorted out. I would not have got this far without the help you have given me and I really do appreciate it, thank you very much indeed.

RonB

Don't worry about leaving us in peace! That is why we visit this site and try to help.

Your Hotmail account is intact, and will receive and send, as will your wife's. You do not actual need to use Outlook, on the desktop. Both you and your wife can make shortcuts to your hotmail addresses, as I suggested, and collect your mail from there. Only proviso is , naturally, that you must have an internet connection to do so.

The light is just starting to shine through, I think I am right when I say the Pinnical address has nothing to do with my emails at all, Hotmail /Outlook via the Apps is the way to go and my email address is still as was [email protected].

I would like to say a very big thank you and kemical for all your help and guidance. You have been very patient which I appreciate very much. I used Windows7 Home Premium for all it's years and grew older with it. Now at the ripe old age of 83+ I am finding the new generation of software a lot ore difficult and hard to come to grips with. Perhaps MS should produce a platform for oldies??!!

Thank you once again and if I have further problems, I won't feel bad about pestering you all again.

Kind regareds,

Ron

Back
Top Bottom