Windows 7 Where Is the Screen Saver Folder

GeekTech

Hi,
On C:\ drive where do i find the folder that shows me all the screen savers on my OS. I want to copy some to my Memory stick.

thx

They're in windows\winsxs

If you navigate to that folder and search for *.scr it will list all the screensaver files.

They are not in there, at least on my system. They are in various obscure numbered subdirectories of this directory (winsxs).

They are not in there, at least on my system. They are in various obscure numbered subdirectories of this directory (winsxs).

I am using my Acer Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

How to find where screen savers are stored at............
Expand ( click the pointer in front of ) C: >
expand Windows >
scroll down to and click at System32 >
in the search box at top right, type............. scr >
the window will show you your screen savers.
You can right click at one of them > click Test > it will show the screensaver in action for a few seconds.

Image 4.png

I have seen a comment on another forum (I can't remember exactly where) that says that screensavers stored in System32 and winsxs (64 bit systems only), and one other folder (I don't remember which) always show up in the list in the dialogue box for choosing a screensaver. However, in 64 bit systems, they are (often, if not always, not in winsxs itself but rather a subdirectory of winsxs). It is always a safe bet to put any screensaver you want to use in System32 and that is what I recommend.

Back
Top Bottom