Where to start with Linux

ezekieljr

I've been meaning to learn Linux but I could not seem to find a good tutorial to start with, any suggestions on how to get about starting Linux.

OK, which version are you using? Ubuntu is the best one to start with. Anyway, it's fairly simple to use, and even comes with a live CD. So, I recommend that when you start, you don't installed, but use the Live CD to see if it works well with your computer. If any hardware doesn't work, Google to see if there is a fix for it. Then, once you see that everything works, then you can install it.

So, any specific thing that you need help concerning Linux? If so, just reply to the thread. :)

I've been meaning to learn Linux but I could not seem to find a good tutorial to start with, any suggestions on how to get about starting Linux.
OK

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

I agree, the best way to start with Linux is get an Ubuntu LiveCd, it'll let you know if it will work on your hardware and let you try it out. Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distribution but there are hundreds of others that suit needs differently; ever come across a "dead" windows system, my Knoppix LiveCd has saved several systems on its own. I also have a 4 GB Ubuntu flash drive that I carry, any computer that can boot to USB can run linux from a thumb drive.

Back
Top Bottom