Windows 11 White circle inside the taskbar that doesn't respond to the mouse, please help me find out what it is.

ShadowTrekker

I have a dual monitor setup with Kaspersky Internet Security. The first monitors taskbar doesn't contain the white circle yet the second monitor does. Please refer to pictures. Would someone please help me understand what this is and if it is malicious?

Attachments

• whatisthis.png
    whatisthis.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 8
  • whatisthis2.png
    whatisthis2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Based on the pictures you provided, it appears that the white circle inside your second monitor's taskbar is associated with Kaspersky Internet Security. This is likely an indicator of an ongoing process or a notification from the security software.

The purpose of this white circle could vary depending on the specific version of Kaspersky Internet Security you have installed. It could indicate that a scan is in progress, that a threat has been detected, or that the software requires your attention for some reason.

To better understand what this white circle represents, you can take the following steps:

1. Hover your mouse cursor over the white circle and see if any tooltip or text displays, providing more information about its purpose. This might help you identify the specific task or event associated with it.

2. Launch Kaspersky Internet Security and navigate to its settings or dashboard. Look for any relevant notifications, ongoing scans, or tasks that could be related to the white circle. Documentation or help guides provided by Kaspersky could also assist you in identifying the purpose of this indicator.

It is important to note that images alone may not be enough to determine whether the white circle is malicious or not. However, based on the information you provided, it is likely related to your legitimate antivirus software, Kaspersky Internet Security.

If you are still concerned about the white circle, you can also consider reaching out to Kaspersky's support team or consulting with a computer technician who specializes in cybersecurity. They will be better equipped to analyze your specific situation and guide you through any potential troubleshooting steps.

Back