White Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by Oren Magoon, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Oren Magoon

Oren Magoon New Member

Whenever I start IE, FF or anything from my CD drive. I get a blank white screen. In order to get out of this. I hit the Windows key on the keyboard and then right click and select desktop. Is this normal or is something causing the problem.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    6.1.7600 Build 7600
    64 bit

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi Oren,
    could you supply a little more information such system spec, type of security used, any recent updates either hardware or software and finally just check in C:\Windows\Minidump to see if there are indeed any dump files. If you do find any please zip and post.

3. Oren Magoon

Oren Magoon New Member

I"m using Norton for security (Came with computer). My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5450 It's a brand new computer. I've only added a few programs. I opened the start up and recovery file. It does show a small memory dump. But, the path you sent me to extract that file doesn't work.

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

5. Oren Magoon

Oren Magoon New Member

I downloaded the microsoft essentials. When I get the white screen it saids on the tool bar Computer Protected mode off. When I click on the properties of the white screen. It's path leads to a program attached to my email program. Incredible Email.

6. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

The path is correct, but what you have to do is copy the file(s) to say, your desktop, and then zip them up.

HTH.