jaxzl

Intel© Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz × 8
32.0 GiB RAM
Windows 11
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
PM991a NVMe Samsung 512GB
KINGSTON SA400S37480G
Seagate BarraCuda 120 SSD ZA1000CM10003

I have a 2 yr old Dell Desktop PC. Windows 11 is installed on the Samsung 512 M.2 NVE drive, Linux Mint 21.3 is installed on the Kingston 480 GB SSD drive and the 1TB Seagate SSD is for storage.

The Kingston drive was a added a few months a go to dual boot Win 11 and Linux Mint. During boot-up, if no keys were pressed, the PC would boot to Win 11. Hitting F12 on boot would open the boot manager screen.

The PC stopped keeping time at some point. I changed the board battery twice. It never did fix the time issue. With the 2nd new battery, the time is not correct in the BIOS after resetting it several times.

The larger issue is the M.2 Drive. The Dell Bios will not show that as an option for a boot drive anymore. Under drives, it will list all the currently installed drives. All the boot menu will show is the Linux drive and 2 options for NICS. The PC now directly boots to Linux MINT.

How can I get the BIOS to show the M.2 drive as an option for booting to windows 11 again?

Are you able to manually boot to Windows, also is the Windows drive visible or missing from Linux?

Back
Top Bottom