Windows 7 Who doesn't like the startup screen?

sssteve72

I keep waiting for the 4 colored balls to swirl into a nice windows flag with some sorta of twinkle or something but it stays that fuzzy looking flag like it isn't finished or like I am looking through a haze. :frown:

Sorry I just thought they could have done a better job. (Of course there is still time!!)

Oh yeah and it's also kind of small on the screen.

Its not fuzzy on my end. They swirl into a cool looking flag that's glowing waves of color. Maybe your vid card is just not that good?

It's fuzzy because windows run in lower resolution while booting (like VGA or something) to keep compatible with old monitors before loading your monitor driver and run in native resolution

Besides that...

What a trivial thing to be complaining about.

I know, what can I say it just bothers me and I was curious if anyone else doesnt like it.

Its not fuzzy on my end. They swirl into a cool looking flag that's glowing waves of color. Maybe your vid card is just not that good?

Nope not the video card.

It's fuzzy its like looking at the flag through a haze or a mist. It's misty.

Microsoft did a great job with the splash screen. They incorporated their logo into an animation which beats any of the old microsoft start screens 10 fold. And the fact that it loads just as fast as the others is amazing to me. I cant see how the start screen is fuzzy at all. You must have something with your graphics card that is not showing it correctly.

The incorporated aero glass into the window which is good. They actually showed part of the OS on start up. Terrific idea for actually showing off features before the computer actually starts.

The incorporated aero glass into the window which is good. They actually showed part of the OS on start up. Terrific idea for actually showing off features before the computer actually starts.

Ok look at the attached file is that what yours looks like ?

It is kinda a large file.

That is definately not the screen i get when i boot. My flag is a lot clearer than that. Where did you download your version of the beta? What graphics card do you have installed on your system?

That is definately not the screen i get when i boot. My flag is a lot clearer than that. Where did you download your version of the beta? What graphics card do you have installed on your system?

Ahh the plot thickens.....

1-http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

64bit version near the bottom

2-Sapphire 4870 Toxic edition. I need to update the driver for this. I'm having a little trouble with that.
I uninstalled the current but then it tells me to restart and I do and when I come back windows 7 automatically reinstalls the same driver before I can do anything.

Any suggestions?

oh my god.... am i the only one who can not see that splash screen ?????????
someone give any hint please :(
i saw it many times first when i setup the windows..and no wi can not see it anymore ..
i get the moving little bar that like the one in vista then i get the blue welcome screen... no logo animation ..
my card is 8400 nvidia...
i re-install the windows again and again..same thing, i get it for like the first couple of hours then it just simply disapear.
HEEEEELP !

It appears that some of you received the Kortchmer Version of the splash screen. Easily remedied once you comprehend the detriments of calculating the original prize...

For shame.

It appears that some of you received the Kortchmer Version of the splash screen. Easily remedied once you comprehend the detriments of calculating the original prize...

For shame.

Can you post a picture of yours or why doesn't everyone post a picture of theirs so we can see them all.

Can you post a picture of yours or why doesn't everyone post a picture of theirs so we can see them all.
I think the problem is you have the wrong drivers for your video card on win 7. I installed 64bit on my friends HP laptop and the flag looked messed up until I found the custom HP Nvidia 8600m drivers for vista. So make sure you have the exact drivers for your card.

I would post a screenshot, but the camera I have would make the flag look horrible. XD

I'd say it has something to do with your graphics card, although I don't understand because it is a high-end card.

Maybe you should look for the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website.

Mine looks great:cool:, even with a cheap on-board Nvidia 6100 card

I also have to say that I like the new startup screen, though a little different from previous Windows versions, it's a nice refreshing "New Start" so to speak. I'm just using a Radeon HD 3870 512MB vid card on my main pc and it looks great.. I'm thinking you may have a driver problem on your end, or a monitor issue. Mine looks great as well.. :)

I think the problem is you have the wrong drivers for your video card on win 7. I installed 64bit on my friends HP laptop and the flag looked messed up until I found the custom HP Nvidia 8600m drivers for vista.

Already done that. Tried the trial version from windows update and tried the catalyst drivers and tried the ones that came with the video card.

I've tried everything that is available. The screen doesn't look messed up and it doesn't appear to be a video issue but rather that there are different startup screens out there.

I'm thinking you may have a driver problem on your end, or a monitor issue.

Now a monitor issue I could agree with. There is not a specific driver available so I am using a generic plug and play driver.

I have a Dell FP2001 monitor which is not even Vista certified although everything else seems to display just fine.

So there is no display issues in Windows whatsoever, only the splash screen?

Have you tried any other display resolutions. In control Panel > Display > Screen resolution?

Also, click the What Display Setting Should I choose and a help file will appear with settings for a CRT monitor.

Back