Windows 7 Who doesn't like the startup screen?

I haven't noticed any issues. No screen flickering or aritfacts anywhere, but then I haven't tried playing any games or anything.
I am running it at 1600x1200 which it says is recommended. I did try like 1024x768 and the splash screen looked the same.

I read the "what settings should I use" and it says to use exactly what I am using. But I don't have a CRT monitor. This is a 20" flat panel. Dell 2001FP

Now a monitor issue I could agree with. There is not a specific driver available so I am using a generic plug and play driver.

I have a Dell FP2001 monitor which is not even Vista certified although everything else seems to display just fine.

I've located a driver for that monitor. Make sure to create a Restore Point in case of any problems.
Dell 2001FP Driver Download

I'd suggest you download the ultimate unzip file program ever made. it's called Universal Extractor and will unpack most any executable (.exe file). You can download it here:
http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

That way you can extract the files and go to Device manager, right-click on Generic PNP Monitor, and choose Update driver software. now browse to the location of the .inf file you've extracted.

The reason why I suggest this is because running the executable file doesn't always work for driver installations.

I've located a driver for that monitor. Make sure to create a Restore Point in case of any problems.
Dell 2001FP Driver Download

Ok I'm not that familiar with this OS yet so unless you can direct me differently that one isn't going to work.

That driver is designed for a 32 bit XP not a 64bit Windows 7. It wouldn't even let me pick it from a list of drivers in that folder I extracted it to. because Windows 7 knew it wasn't a 64bit driver.

Sorry,

I went back to page 1 and saw you had the 64-bit version.

When you extracted the files, was there a .inf file in the folder?

Remember to create that Restore Point before attempting this!!

Yeah I'd have to slap myself if I didn't do that.

Thanks, I had already found those exact two pages. So far I still can't get it to work. But there is always hope.

IT is still a no go. I have to have a 64bit version and there isn't one as far as I can tell. I guess this explains why the dell 2001FP isn't listed as Vista compatible.

I don't like it. Why don't we get a progress bar going so we know how long we have to wait?
Also, a couple of people have been talking about a bug where when they boot up, all they see are a line of pixels at the top of the screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you look carefully the flag is not static the four leaves of the flag make an effect of being wafted in a breeze. Anyhow, I think its pretty cool!

Of all the things one COULD complain about this actually seems quite trivial.

If you don't like it just don't re-boot the computer very often -- shut down in Hibernate mode.
Then when you restart you won't have to look at it for very long.

In addition to the other posts here on this thread I'd also suspect there's either something wrong with either your video card or monitor or both.

Cheers
jimbo

start screan

The windows colors are clear on my end and actually I really like it. I'm just glad there is no more XP welcome screen or Vista's for that matter.

If you dont like the boot screen then go to start and type in msconfig then hit enter. Now go to the boot tab and check no gui boot. That will disable the onstart screen so you will never have to see it again. It sounds likle a graphics driver issue that is the problem.

I'm curious. What version of beta is everyone using?

Build 7000?? and Mines says Windows Ultimate. Is that what everyone is using?

Yes sssteve, the Beta build that pretty much everyone is using right now is build 7000 (that is the Beta's build number), and yes the Beta is Windows 7 Ultimate (for everyone).. ;)

Build 7022 and Build 7034 are the newest builds but they aren't available to the general public and more than likely never will....

Back