Leopold Bloom

Hi, One would normally have the WiFi router show a list of all computers in the network. My WiFi, however, uses Win7's built-in virtual WiFi miniport (my OS is Win7 Pro x64). A list of computer names, IP's and MAC addresses would be ideal. I was unable to solve the issue with the help of netstat commands (stupid me). Connectify won't run on my machine. There is a certain Fabian Enkler's tool called Virtual WiFi which does run but only tells the number of clients at any time. Any idea? Many thanks.

Solution
It seems like you're looking to gather information about computers connected to your network while using the Virtual WiFi feature on Windows 7 Pro x64. Here are some steps you can take to achieve this:

Gathering Information about Connected Computers:​

1. Using Command Prompt:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Run the following command to view the list of all connected devices along with their IP addresses:
      Code:
       netsh wlan show network mode=bssid
    []Viewing Connected Devices:
    • You can locate connected devices through your router's interface. To access this information:
      • Open a web browser.
      • Enter your router's IP address in the address bar (usually 192.168.1.1 or...
It seems like you're looking to gather information about computers connected to your network while using the Virtual WiFi feature on Windows 7 Pro x64. Here are some steps you can take to achieve this:

Gathering Information about Connected Computers:​

1. Using Command Prompt:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Run the following command to view the list of all connected devices along with their IP addresses:
      Code:
       netsh wlan show network mode=bssid
    []Viewing Connected Devices:
    • You can locate connected devices through your router's interface. To access this information:
      • Open a web browser.
      • Enter your router's IP address in the address bar (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
      • Look for a section labeled "Connected Devices," "Client List," or something similar to view the list of connected devices with their names, IP addresses, and MAC addresses.
    [
    ]Using Third-Party Tools:
    • If the above methods do not work or provide the desired information, you can explore third-party tools specifically designed for network monitoring and management.

Third-Party Tools for Network Monitoring:​

[]Advanced IP Scanner:
    • Advanced IP Scanner is a free tool that scans your network and provides detailed information about connected devices.
    [
    ]Wireless Network Watcher:
    • Wireless Network Watcher is another tool that scans your network and displays a list of connected devices along with their information.

Note:​

• Make sure to review and comply with any legal requirements and privacy policies when monitoring network activity.
      • Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access and monitor devices on your network.
      Give these methods a try to gather the information about connected devices on your Virtual WiFi network. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back