Windows 7 Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

mpalomba3

Hi everyone,

I just installed windows 7 home premium on my Gateway LT2802u. Everything has gone well but the only thing I can't find a driver for is something called "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter". I have looked every where and haven't found anything. I already installed the latest drive for my WiFi (WLAN) and LAN.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I've attached a pic of what is says.

Attachments

• Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter.jpg
    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6,668
Do you know what it is and do you actually use it? It is a "virtual" wifi adapter created in software and gives your system the facility to connect simultaneously to two different wifi networks. But it is only a "virtual" connect and in actual fact splits the badwidth of your real wifi adapter in half so instead of having a single wifi connection running at x bps you will appear to have wo, each running at x/2 bps. It is pointless having the virtual adapter and you can remove it from your devices unless you have the need to connect wirelessly to two different networks (in which case I would consider installing a second adapter.)

Thanks so much, so I should just right click it and click uninstall? Won't it just come up again upon next boot?

Not sure if you'll just need to remove the device or run an uninstall - see if the is an entry for it in your installed programs.

Back