Windows 7 Why did Camera Uploading switch from Picture Manager to Dropbox?

BudVitoff

Honorable Member
Running Win7 SP1.

I'm used to having Picture Manager automatically open and import photos from my camera when it got connected. Apparently, this changed recently and photos are now getting stored in Dropbox/Camera Uploads.

I like it better the old way. Can I get it back?

Hi Bud,
you could check under 'Default programs' via the control panel (look under programs).

By the way is dropbox something you've added recently?

No, I've been using Dropbox since it came out. FWIW, I'm uploading the photos from a memory card in a San-Disk adapter with a USB cable.

I'd look under 'Default programs' or 'Set your default programs' or 'change default settings for media or devices'. You'll probably find it under the latter.

"Set your default programs" is subordinate to "Default programs". No sign of Picture Manager.

"Change Autoplay settings" has a setting for "Import pictures and videos using Windows" as opposed to "... using Dropbox". Dropbox was the incumbent setting. Looks like a good place to start, thank you.

FWIW, all the Help items on the subject did not use the name "Picture Manager". I wonder if there is a distinction between Picture Manager and Windows in this context?

P.S. It works just fine! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I'm using windows 10 so some of the actual names may have changed slightly but in any case glad to hear you got it working.. Thank you for updating your thread too.

Back
Top Bottom