wi-fi problem at access point

John Isensee

I've gone through all the troubleshooting information that I can find on this issue. My drivers are up to date, I have reset the winsock numerous times. I have gone through the following troubleshooting issues.:

Start Command Prompt as administrator.

When Command Prompt starts, enter the following lines:

netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns

I am running an HP 110-314- 1.00 serial #MXX4320HWJ with windows 10 operating system. I am limited due to location by Centurylink to a download of 6 mbps. I currently get download speeds of around 2.5 to 3 mbps on the Windows 10 unit. I have a Dell right next to this unit running Windows XP. It is able to always receive a download speed of 6 mbps. I have changed USB adapters, "forgot" all my networks and rebooted, all to no avail. I am attacvhing a .bat file. Any help would be appreciaed.

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
From a command prompt run netsh wlan show all > %userprofile%\Desktop\wifi.txt and upload the wifi.txt file on your desktop.

John Isensee

Have you received this text message?
This has been run from the command prompt.

John
netsh wlan show all > %userprofile%\Desktop\wifi.txt

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
There isn't anything from the dump that really stands out. I will say this though there are countless reasons for having a slow connection and even more with a wireless connection.

Here are a few
  • Over saturated wireless channels
  • Number of devices fighting for transmit time
  • Poor antenna placement
  • Signal reflection, diffraction, scattering, absorption and refraction
  • Bottle neck on the supported wireless standard from the receiver or transmitter (802.11a/b/g/n/ac...)
  • Hardware transmitter and receiver
  • Faulty hardware
  • Out-dated driver
  • Security software
  • Operating system corruption
  • QoS settings
  • Traffic shaping software