Windows 8 Wifi connection fails

Proactivo

Extraordinary Member
I enter in my wifi introducing the password and marking the automatic option for future.

But when I reiniate again I need manually introducing the password to connect.

Something is disconfigured

How can I solve this ?

Best Regards

There may be an issue with the saved wireless profile. You can remove the profile and reconnect to the wireless network and see if it keeps the settings.

*Removing a Wireless Profile*
  • Move the mouse to the right edge to access the charms menu
  • Click on Settings
  • Click 'Change PC Settings'
  • Click on Network
  • Connections > 'Manage known networks'
  • Select your network and select forget

Reconnect to your network again and hopefully it will keep the settings.

You can also create a 2nd Admin Windows User account; login and try to connect to your Wi-Fi router & Internet. If it works ok, and Neemo's Removing the Wi-Fi Profile fails to work, but it works on your newly created 2nd Admin user account, your main User Profile may be corrupted or infected with virus/malware. You can try to repair by using AV scanner you have to remove all found viruses, and then download Malwarebytes and repeat for found spyware viruses. Retest. If it works, you had a virus and fixed it!:up:

If the problem persists, you may have windows registry corruption caused by several things including removal of found viruses. Backup all your personal library folders to external media, and try to repair your profile--you can google how to do this. If that fails, you can try copying your data over to the new Admin profile which works with your Wi-Fi and eventually delete the corrupted profile.

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Back