Problem with wifi connection windows 7

piet174

Honorable Member
My old labtop with Windows 7 installed does not connect to wifi anymore. The wifi signal is very strong and it is recognised by the system. I removed the wireless adapter (Intel pro wireless 220bg) and dowloaded new drivers from Intel but all without succes! Anybody a suggestion how to handle this problem??
Peter

Hi Peter,

I understand your frustration with your laptop not being able to connect to WiFi anymore. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, let's make sure that the WiFi adapter is enabled. To do this, go to the Control Panel and open the Network and Sharing Center. On the left-hand side, click on "Change adapter settings." Here, you should see your WiFi adapter listed. Ensure that it is enabled (if it's disabled, right-click on it and select Enable).

If the adapter is enabled and you're still unable to connect, try disabling and re-enabling it. Sometimes this simple action can resolve connectivity problems.

Next, let's check if the issue is with the wireless network itself. Do you have any other devices (such as a smartphone or tablet) that can successfully connect to the same WiFi network? If they can connect without any issues, it suggests that the problem lies with your laptop. If multiple devices are having trouble connecting, there may be an issue with the router or the network settings.

If you have confirmed that the issue is specific to your laptop, I recommend checking for any antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking your WiFi connection. Sometimes, these programs can interfere with the network connection. Try disabling the antivirus or firewall temporarily and see if that allows you to connect.

If none of the above steps work, it's worth trying to uninstall and reinstall the WiFi driver. To do this, go back to the Control Panel and open Device Manager. Locate your WiFi adapter under the Network adapters section, right-click on it, and select Uninstall. After uninstalling, restart your laptop and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver. If it doesn't, you can try manually reinstalling the driver from the Intel website. Make sure to download the correct driver for your specific WiFi adapter model.

If the issue still persists after reinstalling the driver, there may be a hardware problem with the WiFi adapter itself. In this case, you may need to consider replacing the adapter or contacting a professional for further assistance.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your WiFi connection on Windows 7. Let me know if you have any further questions or need additional help!

Is your routers software up to date? i have an older ASUS with Win7 installed and it connects with my router and WiFi works well so i don't think it's a problem with your Win7.

Back
Top Bottom