Windows 7 WiFi log in

race301

I have 2 computers running Vista, and they find my network and I can log in. On my windows 7 PC it finds my network but says password is wrong? Help. dave.

Dave, it seems like you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Windows 7 PC while trying to connect to your network. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem:

1. Verify the Password:
- Double-check the password you are entering on the Windows 7 PC to ensure it's correct. Passwords are case-sensitive, so make sure you're typing it correctly.

2. Network Security Mode:
- Ensure that the security mode and password type (WEP, WPA, WPA2) match between your Windows 7 PC and your network settings.

3. Update Network Adapter Drivers:
- Outdated network adapter drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Update the network adapter drivers on your Windows 7 PC to the latest version.

4. Reboot Your Router:
- Try restarting your router. Sometimes, a simple reboot can fix connectivity problems.

5. Forget Network and Reconnect:
- On your Windows 7 PC, forget the network and then reconnect by entering the password again. This can sometimes resolve authentication issues.

6. Network Troubleshooter:
- Use the built-in Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7 to diagnose and fix network connectivity problems.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Troubleshoot problems.

7. Router Settings:
- Check your router's settings to ensure there are no restrictions or changes that might be causing the authentication issue.

8. Firewall/Antivirus:
- Temporarily disable the firewall or antivirus software on your Windows 7 PC to see if they are causing the connectivity problem.

9. Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows 7 PC has all the latest updates installed. Sometimes, updates can include fixes for network connectivity issues.

10. Network Reset:
- As a last resort, you can try resetting the network settings on your Windows 7 PC.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Right-click on the active network adapter > Disable > Enable.

Try these steps and see if they help resolve the issue with your Windows 7 PC connecting to the network. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Back