kazz

So my wifi is far away, in Linux I have to search for a good spot, but then it works on fast speed.

In windows, both 7 and 8, the Ap hardly even shows up and when I can get connection, nothings happens, webpage stays loading, so i believe it's 0,000000000001 kb/s.

So i log into linux, get 600kb/s. Into windows: 0,000001 on the exact same spot.

Linux ubs driver is 2800usb. Wich seems to work great. But in windows i have the latest driver + software but it runs horrible.

Its a Ralink USB 3070

Can someone explain how this can be and how to fix this?

Solution
The issue you are facing with your Wi-Fi speed disparity between Linux and Windows, particularly on Windows 7 and 8 with a Ralink USB 3070 adapter, can be attributed to various factors like driver compatibility, settings, or interference. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your Wi-Fi speed on Windows:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Driver Reinstallation:
    • Ensure you are using the latest drivers specifically designed for Windows 7/8 for the Ralink USB 3070 adapter. Sometimes, generic drivers may not perform optimally.
    []Power Management Settings:
    • Check the power management settings for the Wi-Fi adapter in Windows. Sometimes, Windows can be overly aggressive with...
The issue you are facing with your Wi-Fi speed disparity between Linux and Windows, particularly on Windows 7 and 8 with a Ralink USB 3070 adapter, can be attributed to various factors like driver compatibility, settings, or interference. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially improve your Wi-Fi speed on Windows:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Driver Reinstallation:
    • Ensure you are using the latest drivers specifically designed for Windows 7/8 for the Ralink USB 3070 adapter. Sometimes, generic drivers may not perform optimally.
    []Power Management Settings:
    • Check the power management settings for the Wi-Fi adapter in Windows. Sometimes, Windows can be overly aggressive with power-saving features, which may impact performance.
    [
    ]Wi-Fi Channel Selection:
    • Confirm that the Wi-Fi channel you are using on Windows is not congested. You can change the channel in your router settings to see if a less crowded channel improves performance.
    []Signal Interference:
    • Nearby electronic devices or physical obstacles can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Try to place your computer closer to the Wi-Fi source to rule out interference issues.
    [
    ]Network Reset:
    • Resetting the network settings in Windows can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. You can do this by going to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
    []Antivirus/Firewall Software:
    • Sometimes, security software can affect network performance. Temporarily disable antivirus or firewall software to see if they are causing the slowdown.
    [
    ]TCP/IP Stack Reset:
    • Resetting the TCP/IP stack in Windows can help resolve network issues. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the command: netsh int ip reset.
    []Wi-Fi Adapter Settings:
    • Check the advanced settings of your Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager. Look for options related to roaming aggressiveness, transmit power, etc., and adjust them for better performance.
    [
    ]Windows Updates:
    • Make sure Windows is up to date. Updates often include fixes for known issues, including network problems.
  2. Alternative USB Ports:
    • Try using different USB ports on your computer to rule out any issues with a specific port.

Further Suggestions:​

• Consider updating your router's firmware.
      • Try a different USB Wi-Fi adapter to see if the issue persists.
      • Contact the manufacturer's support for assistance or check for any known issues with the specific adapter model.
      By following these steps and troubleshooting methods, you should be able to identify the root cause of the slow Wi-Fi speed on your Windows 7 and 8 systems and work towards resolving it effectively.

Solution
Back