Windows 8 Will the following games work in 8.1 x64 ?

brkkab

Excellent Member
Games for Windows Live won't install in 8.1 x64, nor will .net framework 3.5, even though I enabled it. I thus lost DiRT 3, Microsoft Flight, Batman:Arkham Asylum and Batman:Arkham City. Yesterday I got the following games through Humble Bundle: Batman:Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman:Arkham City GOTY, F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin, F.E.A.R. 3, The Lord In The Rings: War In The North and Scribblenauts Unlimited. They are all through Steam. Will they all work in Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ?

Hi,

I managed to enable .net 3.5 through the 'add and remove windows features' and then clicking download using windows update button from the revealing dialogue box.
I do have STEAM running too although out of all the games you have listed I only have the two FEAR games which play without a hitch. I do have DiRT2 however and as you say Games for windows isn't really compatible with 8.1. I just install it and leave it. I can then get DiRT2 to at least run although i don't use games for windows for anything as it's obviously borked.
Oh and I use Win 8.1 Pro..

*SOLVED* I installed all the games through Steam and they all work. Now all I have to do is get my diabetes software working and then re-hook up my usb 3.0 h.d. and see if system image will work on it now.

Back