Did a clean install of the OS and installed the 64bit version of iTunes 8.1.1 and things were looking decent for a little while until I tried to sync a video to the iPod. The transfers always get part way through and then they stall. A few minutes later iTunes tosses an error saying the 'disk can't be accessed' and then that they sync failed. After that the iPod is lost to the PC and can not be reconnected. It won't even charge. The system gives me an error saying the device failed to install. The best part is that this leaves ghost files on the iPod that consume space but can't be seen or removed. I hear lots of people say iTunes works great but not here. I have not been able to find a useful log message on the issue. I hate iTunes. May have worked around it. Time will tell. I found there were a few related services running. iPod and Apple Mobile Device. I looked at those two and followed them back to the directories where they were installed. I found a number of apps that seemed to be related to syncing with the iPod. I set anything with 'sync' in the name to run as Vista compatible and rebooted the machine. I have gotten through several large syncs with my Touch now and I'm optimistic that I have this fixed. The main problem is this is rather unpredictable. It can happen on the first small file or the third try to copy a movie so I'll have to try doing a really big sync and see what happens.