Windows 7 Win 7 doesn't support my SOUNBLASTER LIVE Sound card!

vakanuvis

Hi everyone. Everything was fine with my Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Sound Card until i decided to upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The driver for this product (model SB0203) on creative's website isn't supported by Win7.

Link Removed - Invalid URL is the driver i tried to install.

What should I do? I can't hear any sounds at all??

If there is no solution and I have to wait for Creative to update the driver, how can I enable my motherboard's built in sound card... Thank You!

From what I can see there a Vista driver for that model Link Removed - Invalid URL, which may work. As for using the onboard? well that can be enabled on the bios, once you removed the current card.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Everything was fine with my Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital Sound Card until i decided to upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The driver for this product (model SB0203) on creative's website isn't supported by Win7.

This is the driver i tried to install.

What should I do? I can't hear any sounds at all??

If there is no solution and I have to wait for Creative to update the driver, how can I enable my motherboard's built in sound card... Thank You!
If your motherboard has onboard sound, chances are VERY good OS7 will pick up the hardware and load a driver.
First, go into the device manager and disable your PCI sound card. Rebooting your computer, enter your bios and
enable your on-board sound. Write down the bios changes in case of operator error, then hit F10 to save changes
and let the boot process continue. when your OS comes up, it will load the driver for the on-board sound device
and you will have to change the plug for speakers or headphones to that new device on the back of the tower.
I had the exact same thing happen but with a different creative card (SB Live 5.1) the OS7 loaded my driver for on-board
chipset for my Asus M2N-E mobo straight away. I'm listening to MP3's on my headphones as I'm posting. I don't
think it has ever sounded this good, I don't think I would have bothered with the add-on card in the first place.

Last edited:
Yup, same here, A while back I had to swap out my sound blaster sound card with my
SupremeFX Audio Card, I myself could not find any drivers for w7 32 or 64 bit. pitty shame I like the sound blaster as well.

@ Highwayman, Bigday thanks for the help, it worked great! It's a shame my old trusty SB Live didnt work but the on board card saved the day :) Thanks again!

Try vista drivers

I have the Audigy 2 platinum and had the same issue, I went with the vista drivers and it worked

Windows 7 RTM 7600 doesn't recognize my soundcard

I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 7600 on Asus P6T Deluxe with X-Fi Extreme Audio (SB0460) soundcard. Although, under XP Pro it works OK, Windows 7 even doesn't recognize it at all. Add New Hardware brings nothing as well. If this is the situation, I'll leave XP as my only system.
Any idea what can be the strange problem.

Adam

have you tried to search for the driver online ?
I think Windows 7 is not setup to search drivers online by default. you have to change this setting on the Windows Update settings (Control Panel).

have you tried to search for the driver online ?
I think Windows 7 is not setup to search drivers online by default. you have to change this setting on the Windows Update settings (Control Panel).

My problem was that I've never came to Found New Hardware window,moreover, there was no sign of sound device in Device Manager. How can I install driver if there is no hardware device.

take a look at this link:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

also, there's a working driver for Vista that might work for Win7 here:

you can also try this driver (not my link and I do not know if it works 100%):

Reconnect the headphone wire

Just reporting what happened to me.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop that had a SoundBlaster card (model SB0203) as well. Window 7 objected to the card, but reported that the onboard audio was working fine. Inside the machine, I found that the cable connecting the headphone jack was connected to the soundboard card. I pulled the SoundBlaster card and after a quick look at the manual I reconnected the headphone cable to the mother board. Everything is working fine!

Thanks for the guidance

Re: Vakanuvis

To the OP (Vakanuvis), you should try the drivers from Link Removed due to 404 Error if it's an older Soundblaster Live! card. I struggled with getting a working driver for a Soundblaster Live! card on a Win7 Ultimate x64 install (tried the one's from Creative's site and elsewhere), and after about 5 hours finally found this one. After installing it, you may have to go into the Sound options in Control Panel and test all the different mixer's the driver adds, and hopefully one will work for you! Good luck! :D

Back