Windows 7 Win 7 Pro problems

win7aev1004

I have a Windows 7 Professional Dell T3500 desktop PC. I am having a couple of problems with this tower that started a few days ago. It was working fine last week. I used the Remote Desktop to connect to this workstation, and I get the following message: “The Identity of the remote computer cannot be verified. This can occur if the remote computer is running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows Vista, or if the remote computer is not configured to support server authentication”.

Now, I went ahead and was able to remote in and logged in, now I got a message that the trusted drive manager of Dell Data Protection is unavailable. I clicked on cancel and it brought me to the desktop, but the background was in black and the taskbar was not transparent. It looked like Windows Server 2008. Almost all of the programs on the computer cannot be opened, like it was corrupted. I did a Malwarebytes check to see if a virus was detected, but nothing was found.

I’m not sure if it’s a corrupted system file or a change in the registry. So, what do you guys think? I’ll keep trying to see if I can get it running again, and Ill update my post in a few days. I've attached some images of the errors. Thanks for any responses!

Attachments

• trusted drive manager.JPG
    trusted drive manager.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 399
  • desktop other.JPG
    desktop other.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 370
Is it only when you remote connect to it?

The black background and non-transparent taskbar is normal. It's simply to make your computer less-laggy when you use it via Internet.

Please tell me if it's only with Remote Desktop or The Computer it's self

You can skype me so I can instantly help you and remote control your computer to fix it. (The program I use doesn't mess it up)

Back