Windows 7 Win 7 Updates in Perpetual Search

schmieg

Extraordinary Member
Having tried Win10 on my Lenovo T61, I found too many problems with hardware and restored Win7 from an image backup. Since then, my Windows update consistently tells me to upgrade to 10 and, when I try to search for new Win7 updates, it just searches for hours with no results or reports that there are no updates. This being the second Tuesday of the month, I am sure there are updates, but my system just stay in search mode. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on or how to fix this? Thanks.

Mike

Do you have a backup image from before you installed the gwx app? Otherwise the wx update locks your system into getting windows 10 and Will never give you more updates for the old 7 system

It finally found the updates after about 3-1/2 hours of searching. It still tried to get me to download the 1511 Win10 build, but I refused it and everything else installed fine.

Interestingly enough, the two machines I have here running Win10 kept giving me an error after installing the 1511 build which I finally found a fix for. When they stopped trying to get me to download the 1511 build, so did my Win7 Lenovo. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom