Windows 7 Win 7 x64 onAsus M50sa AK023C - Base System Device

bigotes

I just upgraded my Asus M50Sa AK023C from Vista Premium 32 to Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Most of the install was smooth, but I ended with two entries for unknown hardware or "Base System Device":

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_17671043&REV_12

and

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_17671043&REV_12

After some searches, I got the hint that the first one (834) is the ricoh SD card reader / controller. This driver was hard to find but I managed to get it (and works fine now) but the second entry is still there and I have no clue what can it be.

I did notice that my PC now has no entry in device manager for ACPI. Is this it?

Thanks in advance

I have the same Asus M50Sa AK023C laptop, and I am also planning to upgrade from Vista 32 to Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I used the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it reported 2 device problems.

1) Ricoh Memory stick host controller
2) AuthenTec Inc. AES1610.

Like you mentioned, the Ricoh driver is really hard to find... I had no luck. Would you be able to send me a link for the driver? It would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the second device is for the fingerprint scanner.
I think the driver is available here, though they mention something about Windows 7 beta:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this helps

If Agent1234's advice does not work and you do not use the fingerprint scanner, it can be uninstalled or disabled in Device Manager so Windows doesn't try to install the driver every time you start Windows.

You might want to try this link for compatibility:

Windows Compatibility Center

Back
Top Bottom