Windows 8 Win 8.1 Inactivity BSOD issues.. pics attached

Pulsebass

Hi Guys,

Basically I have a new Zoostorm PC and only in the past 2-3 months that if I leave the PC for about 5 minutes or so I get a BSOD and it reboots itself. Weird thing is that the PC works fine when using it...it's only after I leave it.

Naturally I have disabled it from hibernating, screen saver, hard disk shutting down.
I have also done the following but to no avail.

Replaced Graphics Card
PSU
Memory

Updated Bios
Installed New drivers for all devices

Event Viewer reports the following.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    574.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    517 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 336
Hi Pulsebass,
we really need to see your dump files in order to diagnose the bsod. These are produced at the time of a bsod and are found in the minidump folder which is in the main Windows folder unless your machine isn't configured to produce them. If it isn't then change your settings to this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Once you have changed the settings it's just a case of waiting until the next bsod before a dump file is produced. Once it is or if you have a minidump folder already then read the thread found here and post the results:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

Back