Win 8.1 on a new PC is sluggish.

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by BudVitoff, Mar 31, 2016.

1. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

Hi! How about the reliability Monitor @Neemobeer ?? How's come no one uses it!
    Reliability Monitor is the Best Windows Troubleshooting Tool You Aren’t Using

Reliability Monitor tracks the history of your computer — any time an application crashes, hangs, or Windows gives you a blue screen of death. It also tracks other important events, like when software is installed, or Windows Updates loads a new patch.

It’s an extremely useful tool. And yes, it’s in Windows 7 and 8… and even 8.1. It might be in Vista, but who uses that anymore?

2. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

Well it provides the same information as EventViewer just in a different format, plus working in a corporate IT environment there is no way to see the Reliability monitor of a remote computer without some kind of remote solution in place or rdp which will kick the user off. EventViewer allows you to view a remote systems event logs. That would be why I don't use it.

3. holdum333

holdum333 Banned

OK Thanks! I really like the Reliability Monitor and I check it daily. I really had a rough day on patch Tuesday!
    Check this out!:rofl:

Attached Files:

4. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter