Windows 7 win7 64-bit Nvidia 181.71 drivers troubles

Silver

Today I downloaded the win7 64-bit Nvidia 181.71 drivers to replace my vista 64-bit 181.20 drivers and was unable to use my dual screen at all for two hours i tried to get it to use both but it would not turn on the 2nd one ever. Windows even saw it and showed it in the screen options but when I tried to use it it would just say you can not save these settings, so I was force to go back to the vista ones so i could used dual screen again, any Ideas why those drives would be anti dual screen?

I'm using the 181.71 on 7057 x64 and they are bitchy to say the least. My dual monitors work ok but the 3rd (tv via hdmi) is fussy. Won't take 1360x768 and I had to move it to the far right monitor because it insists on keeping all my icons on the left-most monitor. This did not happen in 7k or 7048 and it happens even with vista drivers in this version. I guess we have to wait...

Today I downloaded the win7 64-bit Nvidia 181.71 drivers to replace my vista 64-bit 181.20 drivers and was unable to use my dual screen at all for two hours i tried to get it to use both but it would not turn on the 2nd one ever. Windows even saw it and showed it in the screen options but when I tried to use it it would just say you can not save these settings, so I was force to go back to the vista ones so i could used dual screen again, any Ideas why those drives would be anti dual screen?

I don't have a reason why those drivers would be 'anti-dual screen' but I can say that you should always expect some little glitches like that when dealing with beta drivers.. and a BETA OS as well.. ;) The first set of beta drivers from ATI for Windows 7 were full of glitches as well but they were all fixed for the most part by the second set of drivers.. so I would say just sit tight and by the next driver release from nVidia for Windows 7 they will probably have that issue resolved.. In the meantime if the Vista one's get the job done for you then they are fine to use for now.. :)

ya they do work for now just hoping to get something that was meant for the 295 GTX on win7. O well here is hoping for the next driver

I tried the 181.71 drivers, but also had problems .... on resume from standby monitors stayed black until I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL.

In the end I downloaded the Vista 182.08 drivers which worked significantly better.

Might be worth a try

Back