Windows 7 Win7 NOOB here: Is Win7 compatible with my system?

gOJDO

Hi. Can you guys tell me if the system, described below is compatible with Windows 7. Are there drivers for all of my hardware and are there any known issues.

System specs:
Asus P6T Deluxe
Core i7-920
12GB (6x2GB) A-Data DDR3-1600
Asus GeForce GTX 295
Asus GeForce 9500GT OC (for PhysX)
Audigy X-Fi xTremeMusic
3x500GB Hitachi SATA2 32MB 7.2kRPM in RAID0@ICH10R + 1TB WD 32MB
2xAsus DVD-RW x20 SATA2

Thank you.

Audigy X-Fi xTremeMusic will cause problems (No sounds drivers that 100% work yet)
3x500GB Hitachi SATA2 32MB 7.2kRPM in RAID0@ICH10R + 1TB WD 32MB will likely cause problems, as some people are having issues with RAID and RAID drivers.

Oh, and why are you using 2 different graphics cards? That'll probably cause problems as well.
The 295 supports PhysX

just wanted to say that I'm using a RAID1 without any problems at all. gigabyte mainboard with onboard raid-controller.

just wanted to say that I'm using a RAID1 without any problems at all. gigabyte mainboard with onboard raid-controller.
Which gigabyte mainboard and on which RAID controller the drives are connected?

@Kyle
I'm aware that there is no real benefit from physX in any game. I'm just experimenting and want to make some comparisons. I want the GTX 295 to do only the graphics, while the 9500GT to do the physX.

Which gigabyte mainboard and on which RAID controller the drives are connected?

@Kyle
I'm aware that there is no real benefit from physX in any game. I'm just experimenting and want to make some comparisons. I want the GTX 295 to do only the graphics, while the 9500GT to do the physX.

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R ... does it have more than one onboard raid controller? simply two S-ATA2 HDs (1TB samsung spinPoint), connected on sata port 2 and 3 (yeah, I know, my bad ... forgot port 1 :D)

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R ... does it have more than one onboard raid controller? simply two S-ATA2 HDs (1TB samsung spinPoint), connected on sata port 2 and 3 (yeah, I know, my bad ... forgot port 1 :D)
Well, most of the recent GB mainboards have additional RAID controller (Jmicron usually). But your motherboard doesn't have. You are running your disks on the ICH10R(same SB like mine), which is fully compatible with ICH9R and ICH8R. So, if you don't have problems then I'll try to install Win7 on my gaming rig and see what happens then. :)

So, I installed the OS and all the (beta) drivers on my gaming rig, but whenever I start a game it crushes with or without system hang within 2 mins. :( I tried with the 9500GT removed, but again the system is freezing or game crushes. Tried reinstalling all the drivers, I also tried with my X-Fi disabled but I got no success. Any ideas? :confused:

Well, most of the recent GB mainboards have additional RAID controller (Jmicron usually). But your motherboard doesn't have. You are running your disks on the ICH10R(same SB like mine), which is fully compatible with ICH9R and ICH8R. So, if you don't have problems then I'll try to install Win7 on my gaming rig and see what happens then. :)

I successfully installed win7 on my ICH10R raid0 array. Windows had no problems detecting the array, or any problems with performance once loaded.

beezel

Back