Recently purchased a Seagate GoFlex Home NAS drive and having troubles getting my Win7 laptop to see it on the network. Here is a basic rundown of what works and what doesn't:
- I can ping the IP address from the Laptop
- The NAS drive appears in the network map but not in the Network heading in explorer
- I can access the NAS drive through the browser
- I have full access to the NAS drive(mapped drive etc) through my Vista desktop on the same network
- I can access my Win7 Laptop from my Vista desktop
- The desktop's name appears on the Win7 machine but I can't open it (Windows says "Windows cannot access \\DESKTOP")
- I have setup network discovery, file and printer sharing etc in advanced sharing options.