Windows 7 Win7 RC 64bit freezing right after startup

Arcus

I have been using the Win7 64 bit for a while and yesterday, after it crashed a couple of times while is was gaming, I installed the newest nVidia drivers. After this it started freezing right after startup, as the startup programs are initializing. I it to boot in safemode and I reinstalled the previous nVidia drives as i suspected the new drivers were causing the issues. Now it still frezzes, and when I try to boot in safe mode it stops when loading the classpnp.sys file, so I can't fix anything from there. For some reason it is telling me I haven't enabled system protection on c:, so I can't use system restore either.

I have Win7 beta 64bit on another partition which I am using now and it is working fine (except shutting down every 2 hours..)

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing it? I assume it's be a gfx driver problem, but short of reinstalling, any tips? I can still get command promt and the other del-on-startup options.

Edit: Update - I can now use Safe Mode, but still freezes 1 min after regular boot.

Quick specs:
XFX nForce 790i Ultra
e8500
XFX GTX260
2x 2gb OCZ 1333mhz
700w PSU

Last edited:
Back