Windows 7 win7 "restore previous folder windows at login" - ticked but not working

nanren888

Sorry, I could see no way to search this forum. So I post.
win7 "restore previous folder windows at login" is ticked, can show image proof if wanted.
Yet explore windows suddenly will not restore at startup. Used to.
Tried un-ticking it, restart, tick, restart - no joy.
Search, googling, fruitlessly for a registry edit fix.
Anyone point me to a fix?
Thanks in anticipation.

Searching
search.PNG

I believe they changed that feature. This guys answer sums it up pretty well and includes a third part solution. Restore previous folder windows at logon - Size, Location lost each boot

Searching
View attachment 35890

I believe they changed that feature. This guys answer sums it up pretty well and includes a third part solution. Restore previous folder windows at logon - Size, Location lost each boot

Many thanks.
I found that search.
It returned many, many, hits of no relevance & from all forums/fora? I did not see a way to search just within the win7. Likely I missed it, but anyway, perhaps there is no previous post on the same topic anyway.

Thanks for the link.
Your link points to a different problem. It appears to suggest a third-party product to position windows.
For years, my win7 system restored explorer windows on restart to where they were on shutdown.
Now, it does not. No fancy updates.

The standard ability to restore explorer windows on restart, built into win7 is the tick box I refer to. Explorer, tools, view, "restore previous folder options at login".
But, suddenly it doesn't do it.
I thought that there might be a known fix, or if some well-informed person knew the registry codes that correspond to this tick box I there might be a regedit fix.
I'm just looking to restore the functionality it thinks it already has & has had for years, intrinsic to win7.
Still hoping.
Thanks.

Searching
View attachment 35890

Many thanks.
I found that search.
It returned many, many, hits of no relevance & from all forums/fora? I did not see a way to search just within the win7. Likely I missed it, but anyway, perhaps there is no previous post on the same topic anyway.
Many thanks.
I found that search.

Thanks for the link.
Your link points to a different problem. It appears to suggest a third-party product to position windows.
For years, my win7 system restored explorer windows on restart to where they were on shutdown.

The standard ability to restore explorer windows on restart, built into win7 is the tick box I refer to. Explorer, tools, view, "restore previous folder options at login".
I thought that there might be a known fix, or if some well-informed person knew the registry codes that correspond to this tick box I there might be a regedit fix.
I'm just looking to restore the functionality it thinks it already has & has had for years, intrinsic to win7.
Still hoping.
Thanks.

Thanks for the link.

Still hoping.
Thanks.

Back