Windows 7 Win7 Shuts Down instead of SLEEP

mauricetrisket

• I am using Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.
  • My laptop, when going into SLEEP, 1 out of say 7 times shuts down instead.
  • Windows says it crashed and gives me some error logs.
  • I am attaching the DMP file of the last one.
  • I remember going to PERFORMANCE INFO & TOOLS > ADVANCED and it saying that a video drive may be to blame.
  • I removed the video driver and let Windows update the driver itself.
  • Am wondering if it somehow is still using that driver??
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• 081710-23228-01.dmp
    899.9 KB · Views: 573
C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

The rtl8192se.sys is a driver for the Realtek wireless. It is up to date - Mon Apr 26 20:23:06 2010. You may have a bad version of this driver, but more likely is something's causing it to malfunction - why TorrentG asked you to list all the cards you have installed in pci slots of your machine.

Thanks for the reply TorrentG ... I do not have any items installed in PCI slots on the laptop.
I have a USB External HD plugged in, I have a external HDMI monitor plugged in. That's it.

Thanks again for any help.

I do not have any items installed in PCI slots on the laptop.

Ouch. (Let me duck now so the flying tomatoes don't hit me. hahahahah)

----------

I asked that because I obviously didn't read your post carefully enough and this from the crash dump:

"BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80048f6060, fffff80004699518, fffffa8004325c10}

Probably caused by : pci.sys"

Anyhow, let's even forget that and carry on with doing some good things.

----------

Update the HD Audio driver from Realtek:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Mon Nov 02 05:44:45 2009
Realtek

----------

Visit Toshiba's site for your model to download and install the latest Universal Camera Filter driver to update this:

Code:
pgeffect pgeffect.sys Mon Jun 22 05:00:11 2009
Link Removed due to 404 Error

-----------

Visit Intel's website to run the Driver Update Utility in blue near top. Let it install any new drivers it finds, including video:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

----------

Uninstall VirtualCloneDrive and all SonicSolutions software. I see known problematic drivers in relation to both. Replace with PowerISO so you still have drive emulation when needed.

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

----------

While at Toshiba's site, download and install the latest Ricoh card reader driver:

Code:
rixdpe64 rixdpe64.sys Sat Jul 04 06:27:00 2009
----------

Again from Toshiba's site, download and install the latest Value Added Package to replace this driver and others:

Code:
TVALZFL  TVALZFL.sys  Fri Jun 19 06:05:44 2009
--------

After doing all these things, please post a new crash dump so to verify the changes and to see what might need to still be done. (We might have to look into uninstalling ZoneAlarm and/or AVG.)

Good luck. If no further issues exists, please keep us updated with that info, instead.

I did most of the stuff you mentioned ... see notes below.
Keeping fingers crossed ... will let you know.

Ouch. (Let me duck now so the flying tomatoes don't hit me. hahahahah)

----------

I asked that because I obviously didn't read your post carefully enough and this from the crash dump:

"BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80048f6060, fffff80004699518, fffffa8004325c10}

Probably caused by : pci.sys"

Anyhow, let's even forget that and carry on with doing some good things.

----------

Update the HD Audio driver from Realtek:

Code:
RTKVHD64  RTKVHD64.sys Mon Nov 02 05:44:45  2009
Realtek

DONE

----------

Visit Toshiba's site for your model to download and install the latest Universal Camera Filter driver to update this:

Code:
pgeffect  pgeffect.sys Mon Jun 22 05:00:11  2009
Link Removed due to 404 Error

COULD NOT FIND THIS ... WHAT CATEGORY WOULD THIS FALL UNDER?

-----------

Visit Intel's website to run the Driver Update Utility in blue near top. Let it install any new drivers it finds, including video:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

DONE -- NOTHING TO DOWNLOAD ... SAID ALL ITEMS WERE EITHER UP TO DATE OR VISIT MANUFACTURER.

----------

Uninstall VirtualCloneDrive and all SonicSolutions software. I see known problematic drivers in relation to both. Replace with PowerISO so you still have drive emulation when needed.

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

DONE

----------

While at Toshiba's site, download and install the latest Ricoh card reader driver:

DONE

Code:
rixdpe64 rixdpe64.sys Sat Jul 04 06:27:00 2009
----------

Again from Toshiba's site, download and install the latest Value Added Package to replace this driver and others:

DONE

Code:
TVALZFL  TVALZFL.sys  Fri Jun 19 06:05:44 2009
--------

After doing all these things, please post a new crash dump so to verify the changes and to see what might need to still be done. (We might have to look into uninstalling ZoneAlarm and/or AVG.)

Good luck. If no further issues exists, please keep us updated with that info, instead.

So no Shutdowns on Sleep so far ... HOWEVER ... it is going into Hibernate mode sometimes now instead of Shutdown.
I went into the Power Management screen and made sure everything was checked to SLEEP, but 1 out of 3 times, it goes to HIBERNATE ... and says Resuming Windows when I turn it on.

This is still an improvement from it crashing and shutting down I suppose ... however there is no DMP error log to send since it technically isn't crashing.

Thanks.

Open an elevated command prompt. Type powercfg -h off then press enter.

So for since the last post, everything has been running pretty smooth ... but it just happened again today ...

DMP FILE ATTACHED ...

TEXT FROM WINDOWS AFTER REBOOT ...
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80048DC060
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
BCP4: FFFFFA800715D420
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

THANKS for any help!

Attachments

• 090110-22011-01.dmp
    897 KB · Views: 482
Of course it's still crashing.

The Toshiba Value Added package hasn't been updated yet. The camera driver hasn't been updated yet. The card reader drivers haven't been updated yet.

I would remove AVG in safe mode using the tool found here too:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then boot to normal and install MSE.

--------

This Toshiba shock censor driver is old and needs to be updated now too:

Thpevm Thpevm.SYS Mon Jun 29 04:15:37 2009

TorrentG --

I had uninstalled the Value Added package completely ... Couldn't find the camera driver on Toshiba's site.
I'll remove AVG, and install MSE instead.

Thanks (it's a Toshiba A505-S6005 incase any other Toshiba users are having similar issues).

Updated camera, video, card reader drivers from Toshiba site.
Uninstalled AVG.
Can you recommend an AV program other than MSE ... I don't run them in the background monitoring ... I only need to manually scan downloaded files ... something lean and mean just for that purpose?

Thanks.

Sounds good, but perhaps you missed the Value Added one from Toshiba's site.

MSE is one of the best with resource usage and will never cause bsod under any circumstance. Highly recommended to leave it installed. Scan with Malwarebytes once or week or so to supplement.

Problem is back now and worse ... every other sleep activation results in a shutdown.

I did install Avast AV but ONLY to manually scan downloaded files. It does NOT run as a resident shield.

Attaching the latest DMP file ... I take it this file doesn't show what caused the error?? There's no log that would show what is causing Windows to crash??

Attachments

• 090810-26956-01.dmp
    907.7 KB · Views: 459
Back